April 15, 2011
- Police responded to a report of children riding a lawn mower while pulling other children behind the mower. The children were gone prior to police arrival.
- A 21-year-old Treasure Lake man resported his vehicle damaged in the WalMart parking lot.
- Officers received a report of a vehicle driving erratically on Maple Avenue and Shaffer Road. Officers located the 72-year-old woman at her residence where she reported being sick and was trying to get home.
April 16, 2011
- A member of the DuBois Lions Club reported damage to their facility. Someone damaged two of the windows in the restroom and broke a drain pipe. Damage is estimated at $150.00.
- A 39-year-old Richfield man reported that his tractor trailer was damaged when a passing vehicle threw a boot through his windshield. The offending vehicle then drove away before any identifying information could be obtained.
- A 64-year-old Juniated Street woman reported that an unknown male called her several times claiming that she won a cash prize and a Range Rover but needed to provide $199.00 in order the claim the prizes. The Sandy Township Police Department reminds residents not to give out personal or banking information over the phone.
April 17, 2011
- Police responded to a vehicle that was reported to be in a ditch at the intersection of Hungry Hollow Road and Bee Line Highway. The driver of the vehicle left the scene and the registration number that was recorded turns out to belong to another vehicle. The investigation continues.
- Officers responded to a local hotel for a reported domestic dispute between a 26-year-old Jefferson Hills man an da 24-year-old Buena Vista woman. Officers handled the situation without incident.
- An 86-year-old woman backed out of a parking space at WalMart and struck a vehicle driven by a 54-year-old Brockway man. Minor damage and no injuries were reported.
- A 47-year-old Treasure lake man reported a possible phone scam. He received a call from a man who was trying to sell him cd’s to study for SAT’s. The caller asked several times for his credit card number in which the man declined to give to him.