DUBOIS – The following information is an update for PennDOT’s Hospital Avenue/Dixon Avenue realignment project in DuBois for the week of Dec. 6. Roadwork on the project is nearing completion. All work is weather dependent.
- The contractor will be installing some signs and performing miscellaneous clean-up work.
- The new traffic signal at the intersection of Hospital Avenue, South Main Street, Dixon Avenue and South Main Street Extension is operating in full, normal mode.
- Motorists are advised to watch for slow moving and stopped vehicles through the entire work zone as finishing work takes place.
- Top soil placement, seeding and miscellaneous work will take place in spring 2011.
- A formal dedication of the project will be held on Wednesday, December 15 at 10:30am in the DRMC Atrium.
The overall project has re-aligned Hospital Avenue with Dixon Avenue. Work included roadway widening, new traffic signals, and improved access to DRMC. SET, Inc. of Lowellville, Ohio, has been the contractor on this $4.2 million project.
PennDOT reminds motorists they can log on to 511pa.com or call 511 from any phone to check traffic conditions before heading out.