Search Continues for Missing DuBois Woman

Ruth C. Ward (Provided photo)

DUBOIS– Clearfield County District Attorney, William A. Shaw, Jr., announced today that the search continues to locate a missing DuBois woman and reported that Clearfield County Crime Stoppers is seeking information to help with the search.

Shaw identified the missing woman as Ruth C. Ward, age 84, of South Stockdale St., DuBois.

On Sept. 23, the DuBois City Police Department was contacted and requested to check on the welfare of Ward. Upon further investigation, officers determined that Ward was not at her residence and that her burnt orange 2010 Hyundai Elantra was missing.

Police contacted a relative of Ward, who lives out of the area, and learned that Ward may suffer from Alzheimer’s disease. Neighbors who were interviewed stated they have not seen Ward for more than a week. Representatives from the Area Agency on Aging last had contact with Ward on Aug. 30. The Area Agency on Aging attempted contact with Ward on Sept. 2 and again on Sept. 10, without success.

On Sept. 4, 2010, Ward was stopped by the Pennsylvania State Police in the Woodland area of Clearfield County without incident.

Ward is known to frequent the Valley Dairy in DuBois and enjoys going to casinos. Ward is described as 5 feet, 5 inches tall’, with brown hair, a thin build and fair complexion.

Shaw stated that this is a troubling case because it involves a senior citizen with medical needs who is unaccounted for. Shaw encourages community involvement to help monitor the safety and security of seniors living in our community. Shaw noted that winter months can be a difficult time for seniors, especially those senior citizens who are living alone. Shaw asked that people with concerns for the safety of senior citizens contact the Clearfield County Area Agency on Aging at 814-765-2696.

Anyone with knowledge or information about Ward’s location is asked to call Clearfield County Crimestoppers at (800)-376-4700. All calls to Crimestoppers are confidential. Anonymous tips can also be submitted by visiting the Clearfield County District Attorney Web site and selecting “Report A Crime”.

Low Rainfall Leads to Small PA Pumpkins
CPCA Raffling Chances for 300 Gallons of Oil

Leave a Reply