CLEARFIELD – PennDOT issues the following update for Interstate 80 work in Clearfield County. Motorists can expect the following activity the week of Sept. 13. All work is weather and schedule dependent. Glenn O. Hawbaker, Inc. of State College is the contractor on this $53 million project.
- The travel (right) lane will remain closed from mile-marker 115.5 to mile-marker 112.
- Operations performed will be daytime paving, earthwork and guide rail upgrades.
- Starting Sept. 13, the travel (right) lane will be closed from mile-marker 105.5 to mile-marker 113.
- Operations performed will be earthwork and guide rail upgrades.
- Up-to-date travel information should be available to drivers on the Highway Advisory Radio System (HARS) at 1640 on the AM radio dial.
- Motorists can expect delays during work hours. Motorists should also anticipate considerable delays westbound on Thursday and Friday afternoons and evenings. Motorists can expect considerable delays eastbound on Sunday afternoon and evening. Drivers should plan accordingly for these delays.
- Speeds are reduced in the work zones to 45 mph during working hours and 55 mph during non-working hours. Please be alert for workers on the roadway. Please be alert for slowed and stopped traffic.
- Work is expected to run through October of this year.
PennDOT reminds motorists they can also log on to 511pa.com or call 511 from any phone to check traffic conditions before heading out.