CLEARFIELD – PennDOT issues the following update for I-80 work in Clearfield County. Motorists can expect the following activity the week of June 28. All work is weather and schedule dependent. Glenn O. Hawbaker, Inc. of State College is the contractor on this $53 million project.
All lanes eastbound and westbound will be open to full traffic from July 2 through July 5 due to the Fourth of July Holiday.
- The passing (left) lane will remain closed from mile-marker 112 to mile-marker 105.5.
- The passing (left) lane will be closed from mile-marker 101 to mile-marker 106.
- Operations performed this week will include paving and guide rail installation.
- Speeds are reduced in the work zones to 45 MPH during working hours and 55 MPH during non-working hours. Please be alert for workers on the roadway.
- Motorists can expect travel delays dependent on work and traffic volumes.
- Up-to-date travel information should be available to drivers on the Highway Advisory Radio System (HARS) at 1640 on the am dial.
- Work is expected to run through October of this year.
PennDOT reminds motorists they can also log on to 511pa.com or call 511 from any phone to check traffic conditions before heading out.