CLEARFIELD – With a roadway-resurfacing project underway in Clearfield County, area drivers will encounter potential delays along a number of state routes next week. Work includes:
- Construction of curb ramps on US Route 219, Brady Street and state Route 255/US Route 219 (Bee Line) in the DuBois area. Minor delays are possible.
- Paving on SR 53 from Kylertown to the Centre County line. Delays are likely.
- Milling and patching on SR 53 from Chester Hill to Osceola Mills. Delays are likely.
- Milling and patching on SR 153 from SCI Houtzdale to Brisbin. Delays are likely.
- Patching and paving on SR 2023 (Turkey Hill). This work will be one day only—mid week. Delays are likely.
Motorists should be alert for roadway flaggers and slowed or stopped traffic. PennDOT will issue work updates as necessary.
New Enterprise Stone and Lime Company is the contractor on this $6 million project. All work is weather dependent. PennDOT expects the work to be finished in October.
PennDOT reminds motorists they can log on to 511pa.com or call 511 from any phone to check traffic conditions before heading out.