CLEARFIELD – PennDOT issues the following update for I-80 work in Clearfield County. Motorists can expect the following activity the week of May 31. All work is weather and schedule dependent. Glenn O. Hawbaker, Inc. of State College is the contractor on this $53 million project.
- On June 2, crews will reset a previous traffic pattern, with the passing (left) lane closed from mile-marker 119.5 to mile-marker 115.5.
- On June 2, crews will reset a previous traffic pattern, with the travel (right) lane closed from mile-marker 112 to mile-marker 105.5.
- On June 2, a new traffic pattern will be in effect, with the passing (left) lane closed from mile-marker 101 to mile-marker 106.
- Speeds are reduced in the work zones to 45 MPH during working hours and 55 MPH during non-working hours. Please be alert for workers on the roadway.
- Motorists can expect travel delays dependent on work and traffic volumes.
- Up-to-date travel information should be available to drivers on the Highway Advisory Radio System (HARS) at 1640 on the am dial.
- Work is expected to run through October of this year.
PennDOT reminds motorists they can also log on to 511pa.com or call 511 from any phone to check traffic conditions before heading out.