DUBOIS – The following information is an update for PennDOT’s Hospital Avenue/Dixon Avenue realignment project in DuBois for the week of May 24.
All work is weather dependent.
- The contractor will be installing pavement base drain and concrete curb on Miller Avenue and Prospect Street. This work will take place in the closed sections of the streets and will not affect traffic.
- The contractor will be grading and placing sub-base on Miller Avenue and Prospect Street. This work will take place in the closed sections of the streets and will not affect traffic.
- Prospect Street will continue to be closed between Hospital Avenue and Grove Avenue. All motorists are to follow the signed detour route. This closure will remain in effect until further notice.
- Prospect Street between Hospital Avenue and Mundorf Avenue will continue to be closed. Miller Avenue between South Main Street and Prospect Street will also continue to be closed. All motorists are to follow the signed detour route. These closures will remain in effect until further notice.
- Motorists are advised to watch for slow moving and stopped vehicles through the entire work zone.
The overall project will re-align Hospital Avenue with Dixon Avenue. Work includes roadway widening, new traffic signals, and improved access to DRMC. The job is scheduled to run through late November of this year.
SET, Inc. of Lowellville, Ohio is the contractor on the $4.2 million project.
PennDOT reminds motorists they can log on to 511pa.com or call 511 from any phone to check traffic conditions before heading out.