CLEARFIELD – PennDOT is issuing updated information for their Hospital Avenue and Dixon Avenue realignment project in DuBois for the week of April 26. All work is weather dependent.
- Prospect Street will be closed between Hospital Avenue and Grove Avenue beginning Monday. All motorists are to follow the signed detour route. This closure will remain in effect until further notice.
- The contractor will be trying the new waterline into the existing waterline on Hospital Avenue on Monday. Traffic will be restricted to one lane. Flaggers will be in place to direct traffic. Traffic delays are expected.
- The contractor will continue to install storm drainage pipes throughout the project. No traffic impacts are expected.
- Prospect Street, between Hospital Avenue and Mundorf Avenue, will continue to be closed. Miller Avenue, between South Main Street and Prospect Street, will also continue to be closed. All motorists are to follow the signed detour route. These closures will remain in effect until further notice.
- Motorists are advised to watch for slow moving traffic and stopped vehicles through the entire work zone.
The overall project will realign Hospital Avenue and Dixon Avenue. Work includes widening the roadway, new traffic signals, and improved access to DuBois Regional Medical Center. The job is scheduled to run through late November of this year.
SET, Inc. of Lowellville, OH is the contractor of the $4.2 million project.
PennDOT reminds motorist to log on to www.511pa.com or call 511 from any phone to check traffic conditions.