CLEARFIELD – PennDOT’s I-80 work in Clearfield County will start up next week for the 2010 construction season. Motorists can expect the following activity the week of March 29. All work is weather and schedule dependent. Glenn O. Hawbaker, Inc. of State College is the contractor on this $58 million project.
- Until further notice, the westbound passing (left) lane will be closed from mile-marker 120 to mile-marker 105.
- Until further notice, the eastbound travel (right) lane will be closed from mile-marker 97 to mile-marker 101.
- Until further notice, the eastbound passing (left) lane will be closed from mile-marker 106 to mile-marker 113.
- Speeds are reduced in the work zones to 45 MPH during working hours and 55 MPH during non-working hours. Please be alert for workers on the roadway.
- Motorists can expect travel delays dependent on work and traffic volumes.
- Up-to-date travel information should be available to drivers on the Highway Advisory Radio System (HARS) at 1640 on the am dial.
- Work is expected to run through October of this year.
For more information on roadway construction and maintenance operations, visit PennDOT’s Web site.
PennDOT reminds motorists they can also log on to 511pa.com or call 511 from any phone to check traffic conditions before heading out.