DUBOIS – The following information is an update for PennDOT’s Hospital Avenue/Dixon Avenue realignment project in DuBois for the week of March 22.
All work is weather dependent.
- Prospect Street between Hospital Avenue and Mundorf Avenue will continue to be closed. Miller Avenue between South Main Street and Prospect Street will also continue to be closed. All motorists are to follow the signed detour route. These closures will remain in effect until further notice.
- Sanitary sewer line installation will take place on Miller Avenue.
- The contractor will be excavating and grading adjacent to Grove Avenue. No traffic impacts are anticipated at this location.
- The contractor will be excavating and placing embankment adjacent to Hospital Avenue.
- The contractor will be installing storm drainage pipes throughout the project. No traffic impacts are anticipated for this work.
The overall project will re-align Hospital Avenue with Dixon Avenue, will also feature roadway widening, new traffic signals, and improved access to DRMC. The job is scheduled to run through late November of this year.
SET, Inc. of Lowellville, Ohio is the contractor on the $4.2 million project.
PennDOT reminds motorists they can log on to 511pa.com or call 511 from any phone to check traffic conditions before heading out.