CLEARFIELD – PennDOT issues the following travel update for its Interstate 80, Clearfield County project. These restrictions are for the week of Aug. 24. Glenn O. Hawbaker, Inc. of State College is the contractor on this $53 million project. All work is weather dependent.
• Roadwork will take place during daylight hours only but lane restrictions remain in place around the clock.
• Motorists can expect delays during work hours. Motorists should also anticipate considerable delays westbound on Friday afternoons & evenings. Motorists can expect considerable delays eastbound on Sunday afternoon and evenings. Drivers should plan accordingly for these delays.
• Traffic will now be using the right/travel lane from mile-marker 106 to mile marker 96. Contractor will perform guiderail and delineator installation, and will apply pavement markings.
• Work will continue at the DuBois/101 and DuBois/97 on and off ramps, with shoulder improvements scheduled.
• Sub-contractor, Palo, will be working on structure items on the Westbound side.
• Motorists are restricted to the left/passing lane from mile marker 96 to mile-marker 106. The contractor will continue with shoulder work, guide rail installation, milling and placing sub-base material.
• Speeds are reduced in the work zones to 45 MPH during working hours and 55 MPH during non-working hours. Please be alert for workers on the
• Up-to-date travel information should be available to drivers on the Highway Advisory Radio System (HARS) at 1640 on the am dial.
PennDOT reminds motorists to travel with caution through work zones, obey posted speed limits, remain alert for stopped or slowed traffic and always buckle up.
For more information on roadway construction and maintenance operations, visit PennDOT’s Web site.