CLEARFIELD- Activity on PennDOT’s I-80 improvement project in Clearfield County re-starts later this week. PennDOT issues the following travel update for that project. Glenn O. Hawbaker, Inc. of State College is the contractor on this $53 million project.
• Roadwork and lane restrictions will take place during daylight hours only.
• On Thursday, March 26, the westbound right (travel) lane and the eastbound left (passing) lane will be restricted from mile marker 102.5 (west of the DuBois exit) to mile marker 97 (DuBois/Brockway exit).
• Starting Monday, March 30, the contractor will be performing saw cutting to prepare for concrete repair and shoulder work along the same section.
• Concrete deck repair will also begin on the structures in this section.
• Speeds are reduced in the work zones to 45 MPH during working hours and 55 MPH during non-working hours.
PennDOT reminds motorists to travel with caution through work zones, obey posted speed limits, remain alert for stopped or slowed traffic and always buckle up.
For more information on roadway construction and maintenance operations, visit PennDOT’s Web site.