CLEARFIELD – A number of area fire departments responded to a fire on Chester Street early Thursday morning.
According to Clearfield Borough Fire Chief Brett Owens the fire occurred at the home of Perry and Sue Rowles. The fire began at 12:49 a.m. Owens stated that no one was home during the fire and that there were no injuries to emergency responders. It is believed that a cat and dog perished due to the fire.
The fire was contained to the originating property, stated Owens. It is believed to have started in the left side of the house, looking at it from the front. A fire marshal will be called in to inspect the scene.
Responders from Clearfield Borough, Lawrence Township, Osceola Mills, Hyde Fire Departments were on hand, and DuBois Fire Department was on standby
The Clearfield-Jefferson Chapter of the American Red Cross responded to a residential fire at about 1:30 a.m. The chapter provided emergency financial assistance to the family for necessities such as food, clothing and linens. The chapter also provided support to emergency responders on the scene.