Fatal Curwensville Fire was Accidental

CURWENSVILLE – A fire that claimed the lives of two young boys has been ruled accidental.

A report released Friday afternoon by Trooper Mark McCracken and Cpl. Thomas Josephson of the state police and Curwensville Borough Police determined that a fire that broke out at 211 Filbert Street in Curwensville at about 9 a.m. was accidental.

The fire began in the first-floor living room near the end of a couch.

Chandler Ross, 3, and his brother, Dawson Ross, 5, died after they were not able to escape the fire.

The boys’ sister and a babysitter who was home at the time of the fire were rescued from the blaze.

Hummingbird Speedway Track Announcer to Walk to Speedway in Memory of Father
Funds Granted to Clearfield Airport for Land and Development

Leave a Reply