CLEARFIELD – The Red Cross has 50-50 chances for a drawing that will be held on June 27. There are only 200 tickets available at $50.00 each. This provides a possible win of $5,000.00 if all tickets are sold. Purchase one as an individual, a family or as a group at the office. Call the office or stop in to get yours
Whether you’re going on a backpacking or camping trip or simply to the local park, always be alert for insects. Insects such as ticks and mosquitoes are known to carry diseases. To protect yourself and others, follow these tips:
• Wear a light-colored long-sleeved shirt, long pants, and a hat.
• Secure your clothing to prevent insects from getting underneath. (Pant legs and shirt cuffs can be secured with rubber bands or tape.)
• Avoid underbrush and tall grass when hiking.
• Use an insect repellant and follow the directions for use. Be sure to read cautionary statements on the label. Follow special precautions when using on children.
• After being outdoors for a long period, inspect yourself for ticks or have someone else do it. Shower immediately after coming indoors.
• If you have pets that go outdoors, use a repellent made for that type of pet and apply according to the label. Be sure to check your pet for ticks often.
Lyme disease and West Nile Disease can be very serious and even lead to death. Symptoms can be severe and pain and illness from the diseases excruciating. Please follow these tips.
Blood Donations are down and our supply is at an all time low. Please find the time to donate if you are eligable.
A multiphasic blood screening will be held at the Mahaffey Fire Hall on June 23 from 6:30 to 9:30 a.m. This includes 35 multiphasic tests. For an additional fee, you may schedule prostate lab test for men and TSH (thyroid). Free blood pressure and oximeter screening. Call 765-5516 to register.
Health & Safety Classes:
Adult CPR – Clearfield –June 20
Brookville – July 11
Punxsutawney – July 9
Infant Child CPR – Clearfield – June 13
First Aid – Clearfield – June 21
Brookville – July 12
Punxsutawney – July 10
All of the above classes begin at 6:00 p.m. Call 765-5516 to register in Clearfield or 849-2712 to register in Brookville & Punxsutawney.
Clearfield Bloodmobile Schedule
Saturday June 16 Goshen United Methodist Church 9:00 a.m. -2:00 p.m.
Thursday, June 21 Penn DOT 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Wednesday, June 27 St. Mary’s Catholic Church-Frenchville 1:00-7:00 p.m.
Jefferson Bloodmobile Schedule
Thursday, June 14 Evangelical United Methodist Church-Brookville Noon -6 p.m.
Tuesday, June 26 Saints Cosmos & Damian Church-Punxsutawney Noon -6 p.m.
The American Red Cross is a non-profit organization funded in part by United Way and by your generous donations. We are mandated by the Government to provide certain disaster services, although they provide no funding. Your donation can put your care and concern into action as a general donation, a memorial donation or a donation made in Honor of a person or event. Please support your American Red Cross.
Checks may be sent to Clearfield-Jefferson Chapter, 309 W. Locust St., Clearfield, Pa 16830, or Clearfield-Jefferson Chapter, 275 Main St., Brookville, Pa 15825. VISA and MasterCard are accepted.
Red Cross is a United Way and United Fund Participating Agency and an RSVP Station.