FRENCHVILLE – Fitness, Finance, Fashion and Fun is the theme for the annual women’s retreat sponsored by the Women’s Health Task Force of Clearfield County and Penn State Cooperative Extension and set for June 15 at Bethany Retreat Center, Frenchville, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
“We have a top-notch program of sessions and presenters offering a wonderful variety of topics. We strive to focus on physical, mental, spiritual and financial health and, this year, we have another exceptional day planned,” said WHTF spokeswoman Mary Walker.
Registration closes June 9 and costs $25 per person, which includes printed materials, continental breakfast, lunch and refreshments. If two register together, the cost is $40.
Clearfield Hospital will offer glucose and total cholesterol screening. Door prizes will round out the day.
For more information or to order a brochure and registration form, call 765-6817 or 765-7878.
Topic and faculty include:
* Take a Little Wine for thy Stomach’s Sake and Thine Often Infirmities with Mark Gearhart, owner of Evergreen Valley Vineyards. Session will include wine tasting.
* Choosing Simplicity and Finding Peace and Fulfillment in a Complex World with Mary Ellen McMahon.
* Lessening Your Risk of Type II Diabetes with registered dietician Rick Kralj.
* When Life Puts Grounds in your Coffee with Sister Therese Dush, director of Bethany Retreat Center and longtime favorite presenter.
* Empower Kids with Awareness, Self Defense and Safety with Barb Haversack. Session will involve exercise.
* Don’t Dial 911, Learn the How and Why of Color Cosmetics with Marilyn Selfridge.
* Dress Your Best with Jennifer Haines, former buyer for Macy’s and Bon Ton.
* Simple Abundance: a Daybook of Comfort and Joy with Kathy Wolford.
* Hypnotherapy and The Secret with Eileen Anthony.
* Medicare and You with Alice Pollock.
* T’ai Chi, Meditation in Motion with Kem Duckett. Session will involve exercise.
* Women and Money: Don’t Count on Prince Charming with Robin Kuleck.