Accidental Fire in Morrisdale

MORRISDALE – Clearfield-based state police reported that an accidental fire occurred in Morrisdale on Sunday.

According to the report Thomas E. Josephson, state police fire marshal and Todd Howe, Morrisdale Fire Company fire chief investigated the fire that occurred at a rental property owned by Larry E. Cowder. The fire was ruled accidental and was determined to have occurred in an upstairs bedroom when a child with a lighter caught a mattress on fire. The child attempted to throw the burning mattress out of a window but was unsuccessful.

A quick response and knockdown by Morrisdale Fire Company contained the fire to the second floor and kept neighboring residences from becoming involved.

The rental unit was being occupied by two adults and four children, three of whom were present at the time of the fire. No injuries were reported. Damage is estimated at $30,000.

PA Veterinary Laboratory Receives Governor's Award for Excellence
Rendell Proclaims May 'Older Pennsylvanians Month'

Leave a Reply