State police at Philipsburg
- On Aug. 22, state police received information from the Centre County District Attorney’s Office about a Philipsburg male contacting a victim over a stalking charge previously filed against him. Upon further investigation, it was found the male allegedly violated his bail conditions by contacting the victim via e-mail and asking to discuss future court proceedings with her. State police are continuing their investigation at this time.
State police at Ridgway
- State police received a report about an incident of theft that occurred Sept. 30 at a residence along state Route 555 in Jay Township. During the incident, someone allegedly removed $100 from the victim’s residence. State police are continuing their investigation at this time.
- Police received a report about a syringe that was located on Clearfield Street. Police responded and properly disposed of it.
- Police assisted a motorist who had locked their keys inside their vehicle along South Third Street.
- Lawrence Township police were assisted with a vehicle stop that resulted in a female being taken into custody on a warrant through the Clearfield County Sheriff’s Office.
- Police are investigating an alleged theft incident that occurred at a local business.
- Police received a report about a male and female who were engaged in a verbal altercation on East 11th Police made contact and told them to cease their actions. On patrol shortly after, police located them while allegedly engaged in a verbal altercation. Charges are pending on both the male and female.
- Police were requested to assist Clearfield County Adult Probation at a residence along West Front Street. Police say it resulted in a male being arrested for drug possession and possession of paraphernalia.
- Police received a report about a male who was being disorderly on South Second Street. According to police, the male was locked out and being disorderly while attempting to gain entry into the apartment.
- Police responded to an activated alarm along East Pine Street. Upon arrival, police found that the building was secured.
- Lawrence Township police were assisted with a vehicle accident after which the driver fled on foot. Township officers apprehended the female shortly after.
- Police responded to check on the welfare of an over-the-road truck driver at Sapp Bros. who would not answer his phone. Police found everything to be fine and that the driver had placed his cell phone ringer on silent.
- Police are investigating an internal theft at a local business.
- Police are investigating a theft from a business along Leonard Street.
- Police were called to the Economy Lodge for an incident of disorderly conduct. Upon investigation, police learned that one of the males involved had two open arrest warrants through the Curwensville Police Department. The male was turned over to Curwensville Police.
- Police received a call about a suspicious vehicle/person along Washington Ave. It was found that the vehicle was permitted to be there.
- Police are investigating an incident of harassment by communications.
- Police responded to a vehicle accident along Washington Avenue. Upon arrival it was found that the driver had fled on foot. Police apprehended the female shortly after and she was arrested for suspicion of DUI and resisting arrest. Additional charges are pending.
- Police responded to Sapp Bros. Truck Strop for a report of a domestic disturbance.