HOUTZDALE – A schedule of events has been released for Houtzdale Days 2017.
Sunday, July 16, Car Show
- Registration will be from 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Awards will be given at 4 p.m.
Thursday, July 20
- The vesper service by the Moshannon Valley Ministerium will begin at 6 p.m.
- Community Choir will perform under the direction of Kay Churner.
- The announcement of awards will be held.
- DJ services will be by Lil Man Gardner.
Friday, July 21
- The 5K/Fireman’s Challenge will be held.
- Jamie Washell’s School of Dance will perform.
- Musical entertainment will be provided by the Moore Brothers.
Saturday, July 22
Children’s Festival (Morning)
Courtesy of local supporters, all children’s day events are free. Children are welcome to dress in their favorite superhero costume or apparel, including pajamas.
- Sign-up for the children’s fishing derby will begin at 8 a.m.
- The children’s Fun-K Walk will begin at 9 a.m. Please wear your sneakers and move; all participants will receive a prize.
Also, you can come and meet your favorite superhero; meet “Buddy” the beagle and Nina of the Allegheny Spay & Neuter Clinic/Animal Welfare Council; and visit the petting zoo, K-9 rescue, Cen-Clear characters and the Houtzdale Fire Co.
Many local churches and organizations will be on-hand, and there will be treats and sign-ups for door prizes.
Out House Races (Afternoon)
- Registration will be on Hannah Street at 12 p.m.
- Races will begin in front of First Commonwealth Bank and end at Churners Beverages.
Saturday night will close out with the parade at 6 p.m.; musical entertainment by Fred Myers and the Redneck Majority; and fireworks at 10 p.m.
Sunday, July 23
- The Moshannon Valley Community Choir will perform “Well Seasoned Praise” at the Moshannon Valley Junior-Senior High School at 3 p.m.