State police at Ridgway
- State police reported an incident of retail theft that occurred April 13 at the Wal-Mart Supercenter in St. Marys. During the incident, a 32-year-old Emporium woman allegedly removed $561.64 worth of merchandise from the store without paying for it.
- Police reported on an accident that occurred on River Road. According to police, a camper struck the railroad bridge.
- Police reported that an accident occurred on the Clearfield-Shawville Highway.
- Police were requested to check the welfare of a female at a local motel. As a result, she will be charged with drug violations.
- Police received a report about two license plates that were lost along Interstate 80.
- Police received a report about suspicious persons on Mapes Avenue. When police made contact, everything was found to be OK.
- Police received a report about a traffic hazard on the Rockton Mountain Highway. When police arrived, the debris was cleared from the roadway.
- Police received a report about suspicious activity on Route 879. When police arrived, two males were advised they weren’t permitted on the property. They subsequently left the scene.
- Police reported a hit-and-run accident that occurred in the 400 block of West Long Avenue. According to police, the driver’s side mirror on a vehicle was struck; the mirror was shattered and partially broken off the vehicle. Police are continuing their investigation at this time.
- Police spoke with a female about damage that occurred to her vehicle on Locust Street. Her vehicle’s left, rear taillight and left mirror were damaged, police said, and the investigation is ongoing at this time.
- Police were dispatched to assist ambulance personnel on East Long Avenue. According to police, it was reported that a male was going through withdrawal, and he might become combative. Police assisted personnel and there weren’t any problems.
- Police responded to a four-vehicle accident in the area of South Brady Street and East Weber Avenue. According to police, a FedEx truck came up the crest of a hill and its operator didn’t observe stopped vehicles. It subsequently collided with a Ford Sedan, pushing the vehicles ahead of it forward. Police said that minor to moderate damage was reported and one vehicle was towed from the scene. No one was injured as a result of the accident.
- Police responded to a two-vehicle accident in the area of the loading docks at DuBois Logistics. Upon arrival, police spoke with the operators involved, and they exchanged the necessary information.