State police at Clearfield
- State police received a report about an incident of simple assault that occurred Thursday at the Osceola Mills Lithuanian Club. During the incident, two Philipsburg men allegedly engaged in a physical altercation. One man, Michael R. Toller, 35, was charged with simple assault, harassment and disorderly conduct through the district court.
State police at Philipsburg
- State police received a report about an incident of burglary that occurred sometime between March 15 and Saturday on Sharpless Street in Rush Township. During the incident, someone allegedly entered a garage through an unlocked door and removed a 1997 Yamaha YZ 125. Anyone with information is asked to contact the state police at Philipsburg at 814-342-3370.
State police at Punxsutawney
- State police received a report about an incident of retail theft that occurred March 3 at Wal-Mart in Punxsutawney. During the incident, a 33-year-old Punxsutawney man allegedly removed a Nintendo Switch Pro controller from the store without paying for it. State police said it was recovered at his house and returned to Wal-Mart. Charges were filed through the district court as a result.
- State police reported a DUI-related pursuit that occurred Saturday on Routes 729 and 53 in Jordan Township. According to state police, an attempt was made to stop a vehicle operated by a known male. He allegedly failed to stop and a high-speed pursuit ensued. When it ended, state police determined the male was under the influence of alcohol. Felony charges were prepared and approved by the district attorney, and the male was lodged in county jail.
State police at Ridgway
- State police received a report about an incident of retail theft that occurred Sunday at the Wal-Mart in St. Marys. During the incident, a Johnsonburg couple attempted to leave the store while allegedly concealing several items. Both are going to be charged for the incident through the district court.
- Police received a report about a disabled vehicle on the Krebs Highway.
- Police received a report about a vehicle fire. Upon arrival police found it wasn’t the vehicle on fire. Instead, police found a trailer hitch had caught fire.
- Police received a report about a hit-and-run accident that occurred at Dunkin’ Donuts on Route 879. According to police, a vehicle was parked in the lot near the drive-up window. It was struck by a vehicle going through the drive-up lane. Anyone with information is asked to contact township police.
- Police received a report about an alleged incident of harassment by communications.
- Police received a report about a minor, two-vehicle accident in the area of the Wolf Run light.
- Police assisted emergency personnel with an overdose.
- Police found a cat, which was inside a crate, along Carbon Mine Road. The owner may claim it by calling the SPCA.
- Police received a parking complaint that occurred at the Edgewood Apartments.
- Police responded to a residence on Mount Joy Road to check the welfare of a person.
- Police received a report about an alleged incident of trespassing at Wal-Mart. Upon arrival police determined the female was wanted as well as another female who was present. Charges will be filed for the trespassing incident, police said.
- Police were requested to check the welfare of an elderly male who had fallen inside his residence. Both police and emergency personnel responded to the scene, and the male was transported to the hospital.
- Police responded to a report of gun shots in the Hillsdale area.
- Police received a traffic complaint that occurred in the area of U.S. Route 322. When the motorist continued into Clearfield Borough, police made contact with her. The female driver was allegedly under the influence of a controlled substance.
- Police received a report about a verbal altercation on Garman Lane. Those involved were separated prior to police arrival at the scene.
- Police located a vehicle off the roadway along Old Route 322. Upon investigation, police determined there wasn’t anyone injured, and the vehicle was going to be removed on another date.
- Police received a report about a tractor-trailer that was stuck along the Philipsburg-Bigler Highway. Police maintained traffic control until it could be removed from the roadway.
- Police responded to a medical emergency along Sarah Street. Emergency personnel responded then and police cleared the scene.
- Police were dispatched to check the welfare of a 27-year-old woman. She had missed an appointment/meeting. Police made contact with the woman at her residence and found everything was OK.
- Police received a call in reference to a possible runaway juvenile. When police checked records, it was found the juvenile wasn’t listed as a runaway.
- Police met with a male regarding custody issues at the station. He was advised it was a civil matter and to contact his attorney regarding custody order violations.
- Police received a report about an incident of harassment that occurred in the 100 block of East Scribner Avenue. When police arrived at the scene, the victim stated her ex-boyfriend and his new girlfriend were harassing her after being told to stop. Police made contact with him and advised if he didn’t stop, he would be arrested for his actions.
- Police received a report about a stray dog that was located in the 300 block of South Main Street. The dog was returned to its owner.
- Police received a report about a suspicious vehicle and two males in the 500 block of Liberty Boulevard. Upon arrival, police found the vehicle and males were gone from the scene.
- Police receive a report about suspicious males who were knocking on doors and then running away in the 600 block of Juniata Street. However, the males were gone upon police arrival to the scene.
- Police conducted a traffic stop on a green Jeep Patriot for a violation at the intersection of New and DuBois streets. According to the report, police determined a 22-year-old Brockport man was under the influence of alcohol. He was taken into custody after a series of field sobriety tests for suspected DUI. He was transported to the hospital for a legal blood draw and then released to his father. Charges are currently pending blood analysis, police said.
- Police conducted a traffic stop on a silver Hyundai passenger car for violations on South Main Street. According to the report, police determined a 34-year-old DuBois man was under the influence of alcohol. He was taken into custody after a series of field sobriety tests for suspected DUI. He was transported to the hospital for a legal blood draw. While at the hospital, the man allegedly became very agitated and had to be removed from the emergency room. He was subsequently transported to the police station and released to Clearfield County Probation. He was later taken to county jail, and charges will be filed, police said.
- Police received a report about a domestic dispute in the 700 block of West Long Avenue. Upon arrival police determined it was verbal, and the male agreed to leave.
- Police received a report about a domestic dispute in the 700 block of West Long Avenue. Upon arrival police found the male was agreeing to leave the scene once he had a ride.
- Police received a report about a domestic dispute in the first block of West Long Avenue. When police arrived, it was found to be a verbal argument over property. Both individuals were advised to contact the appropriate agency regarding the property.
- Police received a report about a female runaway juvenile from the 500 block of South Brady Street. Police gathered information from the parent. Later on, police learned the female juvenile had returned home.
- Police conducted a traffic stop on a gold Chevrolet Impala for violations on West DuBois Avenue. While investigating the incident, police allegedly located several items of drug paraphernalia and a large amount of heroin and marijuana inside the vehicle. According to police, the driver who was a 20-year-old Brockway man and his passenger who was a 21-year-old Brockway man were both found in possession of heroin. Charges will be filed against both men as a result of the incident.
- Police conducted a traffic stop on a black Jeep Cherokee on West DuBois Avenue after a violation that had occurred on DuBois Street. A 27-year-old Sykesville woman was allegedly found to be under the influence of alcohol. She was transported to the hospital for a legal blood draw and then released to a friend. Charges are currently pending the laboratory analysis.