State police at Clearfield
- State police received a report about an incident of terroristic threats that occurred sometime between Dec. 24 and Dec. 26 at the State Correctional Institution at Houtzdale. According to state police, an inmate claimed correctional officers threatened to rape and murder him. Prison regulations require this type of allegation to be investigated by police. Upon completion of a criminal investigation, state police determined these threats were never made and terminated the case.
State police at Philipsburg
- On Jan. 19 state police received a report about an incident involving the alleged transmission of sexually explicit images by a minor. It remains under investigation at this time.
- Police received a report about a manhole cover that was dislodged on Healey Avenue. Upon arrival police were able to replace the cover.
- Police referred an animal complaint that occurred on East 11th Street to animal control.
- Police responded to a minor vehicle accident on South Second Street. No injuries were reported as a result, and both vehicles were driven from the scene, police said.
- Police received a report about a vehicle being pushed up the roadway on Cemetery Road. However, it had left upon police arrival to the scene.
- Police assisted Lawrence Township police with a tractor-trailer struck on Martin Street.
- Police assisted a motorist with a vehicle lock out along East Walnut Street.
- Police received a report about a theft incident. During the incident, a male allegedly entered an apartment and removed miscellaneous food items.
- Police received a report about a tractor-trailer that was stuck on Martin Street Extension due to the weather conditions.
- Police received a report about a small, commercial truck that was stuck on the on-ramp of Route 879 near the Clearfield Mall. It was towed from the scene.
- Police received a report about a tractor-trailer stuck on River Road due to weather conditions.
- Police received a report about damage to an attended vehicle.
- Police received a report about a tractor-trailer causing a traffic hazard on River Road.
- Police received a report about the alleged theft of money that occurred at the Mountain Laurel Nursing & Rehabilitation Center.
- Police received a report about careless driving in Golden Rod.
- Police received a report about an alleged incident of theft by unlawful taking from a resident on Turnpike Avenue. It was listed as a landlord-tenant dispute and as unfounded.
- Police received a report about an alleged incident of harassment by communications.
- On Monday police were dispatched after a vehicle hit a utility pole in the area of South Brady Street and Shaffer Avenue. According to the report, the male driver told police the roadway was slippery due to the snow. As a result, he steered into the pole in order to avoid striking another vehicle that was ahead of him. No injuries were reported; however, the vehicle had to be towed from the scene.
- On Monday police were dispatched to a motor vehicle accident at the intersection of DuBois Street and DuBois Avenue. According to the report, a vehicle was being driven east on DuBois Street when the female driver was unable to stop and tried to swerve off the roadway. However, she was unable to do so before striking another vehicle. Both vehicles were drivable, and there weren’t any injuries. Police collected information and filled out an accident information form; a copy was distributed to each driver.
- Police were dispatched to an activated alarm on West DuBois Avenue on Monday. Upon arrival to the scene, police found everything to be OK.
- On Monday police were dispatched to the area of Railroad Avenue and Liberty Boulevard after a report about a Jeep sitting on the railroad tracks behind Sensus. According to the report, the vehicle was traveling west on Railroad Avenue when the driver attempted to make a left-hand turn onto Liberty Boulevard. However, they over-negotiated the turn, drove over the curb and onto the railroad tracks. Police said that the vehicle was subsequently disabled due to extensive damage. Also, police found the driver had a suspended license, and they were issued a citation.