CLEARFIELD – Four people were injured late Thursday night when gasoline in a flooded basement ignited and caused an explosion in Clearfield Borough, a fire official told GANT News partner WJAC-TV.
Power had been out at the residence on West Front Street due to flooding in the area. When the power came back on, something ignited the gasoline and caused the explosion, he said.
According to the fire official, it injured a total of four people who were inside of the residence. Of those, two suffered burn-related injuries.
He said initially, plans were to fly the burn patients to the hospital for treatment. However, helicopters weren’t available due to poor weather conditions.
Fire crews were dispatched to the report of an explosion just before midnight.