State police at Clearfield
- An incident of theft by unlawful taking occurred Monday on Walnut Street in Gulich Township. During the incident, someone allegedly entered the victim’s property and removed a deer feeder. The total value of the deer feeder is around $250, state police said. Anyone with information about the incident is asked to contact the state police at Clearfield at 814-857-3800.
- An incident of theft by unlawful taking occurred sometime between Oct. 15 and Tuesday on West Pine Street in Chester Hill Borough. During the incident, someone allegedly entered the victim’s property and siphoned heating oil from their oil tank. Anyone with information about the incident is asked to contact the state police at Clearfield at 814-857-3800.
State police at DuBois
- An accidental fire occurred Saturday at a Knarr Street residence in DuBois. The fire started on the exterior near the cable connection box, state police said, noting it appears there was an electrical malfunction, which caused a ground wire to become energized and the metal cable connection to become hot enough to smolder. This, state police said, resulted in the ignition to the side of the residence and a neighbor to call 9-1-1 and the homeowner upon noticing a small fire. The homeowner subsequently extinguished the fire; the DuBois Fire Department responded to complete an overhaul and to check for fire extension. State police indicated that damage was minimal to the residence and estimated at $10,000.
State police at Ridgway
- An incident of criminal trespass occurred Monday on Waterworks Road in Ridgway Township. During the incident, a 39-year-old Ridgway man allegedly refused to leave the victim’s property after being asked to do so. The man, state police said, was cited through the district court.
- An incident of assault/harassment occurred Tuesday at a Hickory Avenue residence in Jay Township. During the incident, a 16-year-old Weedville boy allegedly engaged in a verbal altercation that turned physical. More specifically, the boy allegedly punched the victim in the face with a closed fist. Charges, state police said, are currently pending against the boy.
- Police received a report about an alleged domestic dispute between a mother and son on East Pine Street. The disturbance was verbal in nature and both were instructed on legally settling the dispute, police said.
- Police received a report about a burglary in the 1300 block of Dorey Street. During the incident, someone allegedly entered a garage and removed change from a vehicle parked inside.
- A summary warrant was served on a 39-year-old Clearfield woman. While on patrol, police observed the woman waiting for a bus at the intersection of East Sixth and Daisy streets.
- Police investigated a two-vehicle accident at the intersection of East Market and Fourth streets. Further, a vehicle driven by a 68-year-old man was traveling south on Fourth Street when he failed to yield the right-of-way to a vehicle traveling westbound on East Market Street. As a result, the man pulled from the stop sign and struck a vehicle being driven by a 33-year-old Woodland woman. There was moderate damage to both vehicles and minor injuries to the drivers and passengers, police said.
- Police investigated a minor accident at the intersection of Park Avenue and South Second Street. Further, a tractor-trailer was turning from Park Avenue onto South Second Street and struck a stop sign, causing damage.
- Police were dispatched to a motor vehicle accident at the intersection of North Fourth and East Pine streets. Further, a blue Chevrolet Silverado driven by a 63-year-old Hyde man was traveling south through the intersection when a silver Nissan Maxima driven by a 23-year-old North Carolina woman failed to stop at the posted stop sign and struck his vehicle. There was severe damage to both vehicles, police said.
- Police received a report about a psychological/medical emergency in the area of Hollow Road.
- Police received a report about an alleged phone scam. The caller, police said, requested $300 to claim a $2.6 million prize.
- Police received a report about a motor vehicle accident in the area of Mount Joy and High Level roads. No injuries were reported and one vehicle was towed from the scene, police said.
- Police received a report about an alleged incident of identity theft.
- Police received a report about a suspicious vehicle.
- Police received a report about a possible DUI in Hillsdale.
- Police received a report about an audible alarm at Purcell’s.
- Police received a report about an alleged incident of harassment.
- Police received a report about an alleged drug violation; however, police found it had occurred within another jurisdiction.