NEW BETHLEHEM (EYT) – New sex charges have been filed against a New Bethlehem man who was jailed last week on rape charges.
The following new charges have been filed against Douglas T. Greenawalt, 24, of New Bethlehem:
- rape forcible compulsion, Felony 1, 2 counts
- involuntary deviate sexual intercourse/ forcible compulsion, Felony 1
- unlawful contact with a minor, Felony 1
- unlawful restraint/serious bodily injury, Felony 1
- aggravated indecent assault/forcible compulsion, Felony 1
- promote prostitution of a minor/encourage minor, Felony 3, 3 counts
- corruption of minors/defendant age 18 or above, Felony 3
- criminal use of communication facility, Felony 3, 4 counts
- promote prostitution/encourage prostitution, Felony 3, 2 counts
- indecent assault without consent of other
- intimidation witness/victim to refrain from report, Felony 2
- terroristic threats, Misdemeanor 1
- unlawful restraint/serious bodily injury, Misdemeanor 1
- indecent assault/forcible compulsion, Misdemeanor 1
- According to sources, additional victims have come forward, prompting police to file the new charges.
The previous lesser charges filed last week against Greenawalt have been withdrawn.
A preliminary hearing is set for Sept. 9.
In a separate case, Greenawalt is facing felony charges after he allegedly attempted to pay a minor to perform sexual acts in exchange for money. The incident allegedly occurred Jan. 14 on Valley Church Road in Richland Township, Venango County.
Greenawalt is slated to appear in Venango County Central Court next week for a preliminary hearing on the Jan. 14 incident.
He is currently lodged in the Clarion County Jail on $100,000 bail.
Additional information will be published as soon as it becomes available.