Today, after 20 years of sharing happiness, inspiration and wellness through its books, Chicken Soup for the Soul has evolved its relationship with readers and other fans beyond the bookstore and into the grocery store with a new line of delicious nutritious food that makes it easier to bring people together around the table for healthy meals.
Made with the highest quality ingredients and no artificial flavors, the Chicken Soup for the Soul food line consists of soups, pasta sauces, broths, gravies, soup toppers, BBQ sauces, Meal Builders™ and more, all designed to create quick and healthy in minutes. Inspired by real people and their stories about food and feelings, each product label includes a preview of a bestselling Chicken Soup for the Soul story that was handpicked for that particular food, and a code to read the rest of the story online.
Try and share this delicious recipe for Saucy Chicken and Crispy Onion Baguette that’s sure to be a crowd pleaser for game time, a family get together or a mouthwatering meal. To make it even more delectable, serve it with Chicken Soup for the Soul’s delicious Tomato Basil soup as a side dish or for savory dipping.
Saucy Chicken and Crispy Onion Baguette
Crusty on the outside, crispy and juicy on the inside—a perfect chicken sandwich with Chicken Soup for the Soul Sloppy Joe Meal Builders™ cooking sauce!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
1 16-oz jar Chicken Soup for the Soul Sloppy Joe Meal Builders Cooking Sauce
1 tbsp canola or vegetable oil
3-4 chicken breasts, split
1 18-24″ long baguette loaf
2 cups lettuce, shredded
2 ripe tomatoes, sliced
2 cups grated cheddar cheese
1 3.5-oz bag Chicken Soup for the Soul Crispy Sour Cream Onions Soup Toppers
1 13.7-oz Chicken Soup for the Soul Tomato Basil Soup
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering. Brown chicken on both sides.
- Once all cutlets are browned, place all in the skillet and cover with Chicken Soup for the Soul Sloppy Joe Meal Builders cooking sauce; simmer over low-medium heat for 12 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Split baguette down the middle and spoon sauce generously on both halves. On the bottom half, evenly distribute lettuce, tomato, then chicken breast, more sauce, and cheese.
- Place in broiler for 1-2 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle Chicken Soup for the Soul Crispy Sour Cream Onions soup toppers from one end to the other.
- Place baguette top on and cut into desired portions.
Enjoy! And for a fun Chicken Soup for the Soul twist, try dipping your sandwich in Chicken Soup for the Soul Tomato Basil Soup!