CLARION – At 7 p.m. Aug. 26 at the American Legion, Clarion, the Clarion Blueprint Communities team will present a draft vision to the community as part of a town hall meeting.
The draft was developed based on current strengths upon which Clarion can expand upon and the challenges that we can address and use to our advantage. The results of the recent perceptions survey, completed by 445 individual with a connection to Clarion Borough, also informed the draft plan.
“Now that we’ve received community input, the next step is to finalize a vision that will move us closer to our goal: to revitalize Main Street, Clarion” said Carol Lapinto, president of the Clarion Borough Board of Directors and an alternate member of the Clarion Blueprint Communities core team. “All are welcome to join us on Aug. 26. We want to hear your feedback.
Over the next several years, the Clarion Blueprint Communities core team will engage local residents and businesses in developing a clear vision and strategic plan for change in Clarion; work to develop stronger local leadership; and attract investments to build a healthier, sustainable community. The primary goal is to revitalize Main Street, Clarion.
The initiative is a collaboration between Clarion Borough and Clarion University.
“The Blueprint Communities effort is quickly proving to be a catalyst for positive change in our community,” said Dr. Karen Whitney, president, Clarion University. “I am proud of our team and the work they are doing to deeply understand where we are and what we need to do to move forward.”
The agenda for the town hall meeting is as follows:
- 7 p.m., Welcome
- 7:05 p.m., Introduction of Ms. Carol Lapinto, president, Clarion Borough; and Dr. Karen Whitney, president, Clarion University
- 7:10 p.m., Why this initiative is important to the borough and the university (Ms. Lapinto and Dr. W Whitney)
- 7:20 p.m., Acknowledge core team members
- 7:22 p.m., How the draft plan was developed/overview of research and survey results
- 7:30 p.m., Introduction of the draft vision plan
- 7:40 p.m., Field questions and record comments from the audience
- 8:15 p.m.., Conclusion and outline next steps
Please RSVP by contacting David Love, email email@example.com or phone 814-393-2659.