Tiger to take a two-month break from golf course

Fitzgerald Cecilio – 4E Sports Reporter

Ponte Vedra Beach, FL, United States (4E Sports) – Tiger Woods declared that he will take a one- or two-month break from the golf course and even the driving range to rest his ailing back.

“It’s probably going to be a month or two,” Woods said during the launching of new line of Nike weighted clubs with Rory McIlroy.

“I just need to get strong. It’s one of the things that when I took that fall at Firestone No. 2, I hadn’t done any agility work, so that’s part of the deal,” he said.

Woods withdrew from the final round of the WGC-Bridgestone Invitational last Aug. 3 after injuring his back while falling into the bunker on the second hole.

He went on to play in the PGA Championship but missed the cut in a major for only the fourth time in his career.

Last week, Woods removed himself from Ryder Cup consideration after doctors advised him not to play or practice. He said his next tournament would be in December at the World Challenge, which benefits his foundation.

Woods had back surgery in March to relieve pain from a pinched nerve. He subsequently sat out for two months.

Before the surgery, Woods’ best finish this year came at the WGC-Cadillac Championship before the surgery, when he ended up tied for 25th. He has earned $122,272 this year, a career low.

Article © AHN – All Rights Reserved
About the Author

Leave a Reply