State police at Ridgway
- An incident of criminal mischief occurred Aug. 11-12 on Rocky Road in Ridgway Township. During the incident, someone allegedly damaged the victim’s windshield. Anyone with information about the incident is asked to contact state police at Ridgway at 814-776-6136.
- An incident of harassment occurred on Hollow Street in Fox Township. During the incident, a 51-year-old Kersey man allegedly struck the victim about the head after a verbal dispute turned physical. The man was cited for harassment through the district court.
- An accident occurred Monday on the Bennetts Valley Highway south of Redwood Avenue in Jay Township. Danielle M. Geiser, 22, of Penfield was traveling northbound when she failed to negotiate a left-hand curve. Her vehicle exited the roadway, striking a guiderail and overturning. Her vehicle then struck a legally parked vehicle before coming to a rest. Geiser, state police said, showed indications of being under the influence of alcohol at the time. She was taken to Elk Penn Highlands for medical treatment and a blood draw. Geiser was charged with several traffic violations; DUI-related charges are currently pending blood test results.
- Police received a report about a trespassing incident on Bigler Road. During the incident, neighbors were allegedly on the caller’s property where they were cutting trees. Police advised them of the complaint and they agreed to stay off of the property.
- Police responded to CVS Pharmacy for an accident. Upon arrival police found that a minor accident occurred and one vehicle left the area. Police located the suspect vehicle and obtained information from the operator.
- Police were notified about a lost dog in the Wallace Street area.
- Police reported that someone allegedly attempted to remove lights from a residence along Nichols Street but was unable to do so.
- Police received a report about kids who were allegedly being placed in the trunk of a vehicle. Further, police found that it was a hatchback and the kids were entering the vehicle from that part of it.
- Morris-Cooper Regional police were assisted with a female who was found to have active warrants out of York County.
- Police received a report about a dog that was allegedly inside a vehicle without any air conditioning on East Cherry Street. Police responded to the area but neither located a vehicle nor a dog.
- Police assisted a disabled motorist on North Second Street.
- Police received a report about an alleged scam. Further, a caller attempted to obtain personal information from a township resident by using an automated system and stating their credit card information had been used. The resident was then directed to enter their financial information.
- Police received a report about an alleged domestic dispute on Willow Drive. Upon arrival police handled the incident at the scene.
- Police received a report about a civil dispute.
- Police received a report about a found dog near the bowling alley. The dog, police said, is a female Irish setter with out-of-state tags. Anyone with information about the dog is asked to contact police or dog law.
- Police received a report about a child who was allegedly unattended while walking around the Edgewood Apartments. Upon arrival police handled the incident at the scene.
- Police received a report about a woman who was allegedly acting disorderly while walking on Turnpike Avenue. Upon arrival police handled the incident at the scene.
- Police received a report about a vehicle repossession.
- Police received a report about an alleged domestic dispute along Park Avenue Extension. Further, police spoke to the responsible party and the male left the residence.
- Police received a report about two suspicious people at a business along state Route 879. However, they were gone upon police arrival.