State police at Philipsburg
- An incident of DUI occurred Thursday in the area of Front and Presqueisle streets in Philipsburg Borough. During the incident, state police stopped a 35-year-old man for a traffic violation and determined he was under the influence of alcohol. The man, state police said, was taken into custody and charges are currently pending at this time.
- An incident of institutional vandalism and criminal mischief occurred sometime Wednesday or Thursday at the Philipsburg-Osceola Elementary School. During the incident, someone allegedly operated a vehicle, possibly and all-terrain vehicle, on the soccer field. The operator caused an undetermined amount of damage to the field. Anyone with information about the incident is asked to contact the state police at Philipsburg at 814-342-3370.
- A hit-and-run accident occurred Wednesday on Chestnut Street in Unionville Borough. During the incident, a vehicle was traveling westbound when an object on its right side struck the left side of another vehicle. The operator failed to stop after leaving a scrape mark along the left side of the victim’s vehicle. The suspect vehicle may be larger with a trailer. State police noted the victim’s driver’s side mirror was broken off due to the impact. Anyone with information is asked to contact the state police at Philipsburg at 814-342-3370.
- Police received a report about an alleged theft incident that occurred on Village Road.
- Police received a report about an alleged theft from a motor vehicle. The incident, police said, remains under investigation at this time.
- Police received a report about a missing gray, short-haired Yorkie in Curwensville.
- Police received a request for information about obtaining a protection from abuse order and personal property.
- Police received a report about a two-vehicle accident on state Route 879 near the Interstate 80 westbound off-ramp. Upon arrival police found an elderly couple with moderate to severe injuries. Both were flown to an area trauma center, police said, adding that the occupants of the second vehicle were not injured in the accident. Police were assisted at the scene by the Lawrence Township Fire Department and Clearfield Emergency Medical Services.
- Police received a noise complaint that occurred at a Smith Street residence. Upon arrival police asked the homeowner to keep noise to a minimum.
- Police received a report about a suspicious vehicle off of the roadway along the Clearfield – Glen Richey Highway. Upon arrival police didn’t observe anyone inside or around the vehicle.