State police at Clearfield
- An incident of harassment occurred Friday on Spruce Street in Bradford Township. During the incident, a Woodland man allegedly grabbed the victim by the throat and pulled her hair. Charges were filed against the man through the district court, state police said.
State police at DuBois
- On Friday, a 25-year-old Sykesville man was allegedly intoxicated and jumping in front of moving traffic on Main Street in Falls Creek Borough. After that he went to Fuller Avenue where he allegedly damaged a gold-colored 200 Buick Century by jumping on its roof and smashing the rear window by kicking it. Lastly, the man went to another Fuller Avenue address, where he allegedly tampered with the external portion of an elevated front window on a home.
- Police received a report about an alleged employee theft at a business along state Route 879.
- Police assisted with a medical emergency along Turnpike Avenue Extension.
- Police received a noise complaint on Carbon Mine Road.
- Police assisted a motorist at McDonald’s along SR 879.
- Police served an arrest warrant on a Woodland female for several counts of theft, forgery, access device fraud, receiving stolen property and tampering with records. The female was taken before Magisterial District Judge Richard Ireland.
- Police received a report about suspicious activity in the Golden Rod area. The individuals, however, were gone upon police arrival.
- Police received a report about damaged property at the truck stop. Upon arrival to the scene, police found that a tractor-trailer struck a guide wire on a utility pole, causing damage.
- Police received a noise complaint at a business on Washington Avenue. Upon arrival police made contact with the owner who resolved the noise problem.
- Police received a report about a single-vehicle accident on the Shawville-Croft Highway. Further, a vehicle overturned onto its roof, blocking one-and-a-half lanes of traffic. Police and fire personnel provided traffic control until the vehicle was towed from the scene. Also, police noted the operator had been driving with a suspended license and didn’t have authorization to use the vehicle; charges are currently pending at this time.
- Police received a report about a male who was threatening to harm himself. The male, police said, was transported to the hospital for an evaluation.
- Police received a noise complaint from a business on Industrial Park Road. Further, police made contact with the responsible individual who agreed to keep the noise to a minimum.
- Police received a report about a disabled vehicle on SR 879 near River Road. Further, police provided traffic control until the vehicle was towed from the scene.
- Police received a parking complaint on Weaver Street Extension and issued a ticket.
- Police received a report about an alleged incident of harassment/child custody issue on Carbon Mine Road.
- Police were dispatched to a fire alarm at a Clover Hill Road residence. However, police were cancelled prior to arrival at the scene.
- Police received a report about a domestic disturbance that occurred Friday in the 600 block of West Washington Avenue. Upon arrival police found a group had engaged in a heated argument; however, there wasn’t any physical contact. It was noted by police that there weren’t any arrests as a result of the incident.
- On Friday, a 22-year-old Brockway man was stopped for traffic on East DuBois Avenue. Further, police detected the odor of marijuana coming from his vehicle. Police then searched the man’s vehicle and located a small amount of marijuana and paraphernalia inside it and on his person. The man, police said, was arrested for the incident.
- On Friday, a four-vehicle accident occurred at the intersection of West DuBois Avenue and DuBois Street. Several people were transported to the hospital and two vehicles were towed from the scene, police said.
- Someone allegedly stole a Craftsman push mower Friday from a garage in the 200 block of South Brady Street. The incident, police said, remains under investigation at this time.
- On Friday, a 17-year-old female was walking home and in the first block of North Jared Street. She allegedly observed a man urinating off his porch. When he observed her, he allegedly turned in her direction and started laughing. The incident, police said, remains under investigation at this time.
- On Saturday, a 23-year-old Rockton man was allegedly observed stumbling on the sidewalk near the intersection of DuBois Street and Parkway Drive. He was found to be highly intoxicated and cited for public drunkenness. The man was released to a sober friend.
- Police received a report about a domestic disturbance Saturday in the 200 block of West Long Avenue. Upon arrival police found it involved a woman and her boyfriend who had already left. The woman, police said, reported everything was OK.
- Someone allegedly forced entry into an apartment Saturday in the 500 block of West Long Avenue. Further, it was reported that prescriptions were missing and the incident remains under investigation.
- On Saturday, police received a report about a shallow grave site in the 200 block of Hamor Street. Police determined the contents of the grave to be a small dog.
- Police received a report about a disturbance Saturday between owners and patrons at a business in the 500 block of Liberty Boulevard. Further, a patron wasn’t satisfied with their service and upset about not getting a deposit back. Police advised them to follow civil procedures.
- Police received a report about a disturbance Saturday that involved two men in the first block of East Washington Avenue. Further, police found that a 22-year-old man who was involved also had a warrant out for his arrest. The man was taken into custody and transported to the Jefferson County Jail.
- On Saturday, someone allegedly attempted to take a trailer from a parking lot in the 600 block of Liberty Boulevard. During the process, they damaged the trailer from which items were also taken. The incident, police said, remains under investigation at this time.
- On Friday, a San Spur Road resident reported that someone pulled into a property that he is the caretaker for, parked their car and then left. Police located the operator at a neighbor’s house and drug paraphernalia in the car. The operator, police said, was cited for the incident.
- Wal-Mart employees reported that a male and female were concealing merchandise in the woman’s purse on Friday. When confronted, the pair fled from the store and got into a gold Chrysler van. They were seen heading toward Midway Drive, police said, adding the incident remains under investigation at this time.
- On Saturday, police received a report about a 17-year-old autistic boy becoming violent at a Treasure Lake home. Upon arrival police were able to subdue the boy and he was transported to the hospital.
- On Sunday, police were called to a South Eighth Street residence to check the welfare of a man who had called 9-1-1 but didn’t know his location. Further, police located the 55-year-old man who was intoxicated and complained about back pain. He was transported to the hospital for treatment.
- Police received a false alarm at Hawbaker on Sunday.