State police at Clearfield
- An incident of theft/criminal mischief occurred sometime Tuesday or Wednesday in the 6000 block of Deer Creek Road in Graham Township. During the incident, someone pried off the gas cap from the victim’s tractor that was parked along the roadway. They also stole approximately 15 gallons of gasoline from the tractor. Anyone with information about the incident is asked to contact the state police at Clearfield at 814-857-3800.
- An incident of criminal mischief occurred sometime Saturday or Sunday on Church Hill Road in Cooper Township. During the incident, someone rode a four-wheeler on the victim’s property, causing damage. Anyone with information about the incident is asked to contact the state police at Clearfield at 814-857-3800.
State police at DuBois
- A hit-and-run accident occurred Sunday on Route 28 west of Beechton Road in Snyder Township. Further, a vehicle was traveling north when it exited the east side and impacted a traffic sign. The operator fled the scene north on Route 28, state police said. The suspect vehicle is a gold car with a loud exhaust and front end damage. The operator, state police said, is a Caucasian female with reddish hair; she stands about 5 feet tall and weighs about 110 pounds. Anyone with information about the accident is asked to contact the state police at DuBois at 814-371-4652.
- No injuries were reported after a two-vehicle accident that occurred Monday on Viaduct Road in Bloom Township. Kelsey S. Reed of Grampian was traveling north and negotiating a left-hand curve. Patrick B. Hryn of Rockton was traveling south and negotiating a right-hand curve. However, the Reed vehicle entered the opposing lane of travel and crashed into that driven by Hryn. Reed was cited for the accident.
- An incident of theft by unlawful taking occurred sometime July 18-19 at the Chapman Trailer Court in Brady Township. During the incident, someone allegedly removed two vinyl signs advertising RV camper lots for rent from in front of the trailer court. Anyone with information about the incident is asked to contact the state police at DuBois at 814-371-4652.
- An incident of theft by unlawful taking occurred sometime July 17-18 at the Chapman Trailer Court in Brady Township. During the incident, someone allegedly removed a box containing surveillance video equipment from the front porch of a trailer. Anyone with information about the incident is asked to contact the state police at DuBois at 814-371-4652.
State police at Philipsburg
- An accident occurred Tuesday on Coaldale Road approximately 2.25 miles from Lochlomond Road in Rush Township. Further, Ryan D. Williams of Philipsburg was traveling westbound when he lost control of his vehicle after negotiating a right-hand curve. His vehicle subsequently slid off the south berm, where it struck a stump. His vehicle continued traveling off of the south berm until it struck another stump and came to a rest. Williams wasn’t wearing his seatbelt and sustained minor injuries; his passenger wasn’t injured. Williams was cited for the accident.
- Police received a report about a vehicle fire that occurred on George Street. Further, a garbage truck caught on fire, police said.
- Police received a report about a traffic complaint that occurred on Bowman’s Hill.
- Police have initiated an investigation into an alleged incident of fraud that occurred at multiple businesses in Lawrence Township.
- Police received a report about an alleged domestic disturbance on Daisy Street. The incident, police said, was handled at the scene.
- Police received a report about an aggressive driving incident near the Wal-Mart Supercenter. However, police were unable to locate the vehicle.
- Police received a report about shots being fired on Baney Road. Upon arrival police searched the area but couldn’t locate anyone.
- Police received a report about a civil dispute.
- Police received a report about a suspicious male/vehicle at a business along state Route 879. Upon arrival police handled the incident at the scene.
- Police have initiated an investigation into the alleged theft of a bank card.
- On Monday, a Treasure Lake man reported that someone caused damage to his yard at his Bay Road residence. He woke up after hearing a noise outside and saw a black Cadillac. The vehicle, he said, had exited the roadway and entered his yard. It was noted that a towing company removed the vehicle from the scene. Police said the incident remains under investigation at this time.
- Police received a report about an alleged domestic dispute Monday at a Tozier Avenue residence. Upon arrival police found a couple engaged in an argument in the front yard. The dispute, police said, was verbal and handled without incident.
- On Tuesday, a Treasure Lake woman reported that a known 18-year-old man followed her and her boyfriend from the area of Snappy’s Convenience Store into Treasure Lake. The man, she said, was tailgating and flashing his high beams. When they reached the intersection of Treasure Lake Road and Chalky Lane, she said the man passed by and then stopped ahead of them. At this point, she said another vehicle pulled up behind them, striking their vehicle. When the woman advised about calling police, the suspect vehicles left the scene. The incident, police said, remains under investigation.
- A Highland Street Extension woman reported Tuesday that a man approached the window of her residence and looked inside. She also told police that the man had been stalking her for some time; however, she said it was the first time he showed up at her residence. The incident, police said, remains under investigation at this time.
- A tractor-trailer driven by a 36-year-old Florida man impacted and sheared off a light pole along the road between Ponderosa and Wendy’s on Tuesday. No injuries were reported.