State police at Philipsburg
- An alleged incident of burglary occurred Wednesday on East Spruce Street in Philipsburg Borough. Further, state police received information from a witness who heard noises coming from an abandoned building. The witness also observed someone looking out a window. Upon searching state police located two Philipsburg men inside and determined they were there without permission. State police also determined that the men allegedly wanted to steal scrap metal to recycle. The men, state police said, were apprehended before they could take anything from the building. Both were lodged in the Centre County Jail on burglary charges in lieu of $10,000; both were also wanted on unrelated warrants.
- An incident of DUI occurred Wednesday in the area of Presqueisle and North Ninth streets in Philipsburg Borough. During the incident, state police allegedly stopped a 47-year-old Philipsburg man and found him under the influence of alcohol. He was arrested and then transported to the Mount Nittany Medical Center. The man is currently facing DUI and several summary traffic offenses.
- An incident of theft occurred sometime Monday or Tuesday in the 400 block of North Sixth Street in Philipsburg Borough. Further, someone allegedly took prescription medication that belonged to the victim. The incident, state police said, remains under investigation at this time.
- On July 11, state police allegedly found a known 19-year-old Philipsburg man in possession of a multi-colored glass pipe used for smoking marijuana. The man was located in the area of Route 53 and Water Street in Philipsburg Borough.
State police at Ridgway
- An incident of criminal mischief occurred sometime between July 9 and Wednesday at the Jay Township Water Authority. During the incident, someone allegedly removed padlocks from the gates and then fled the area. Anyone with information about the incident is asked to contact the state police at Ridgway at 814-776-6136.
- An incident of criminal mischief occurred sometime between June 1 and Wednesday at the Elk County Fairgrounds in Fox Township. During the incident, someone allegedly damaged a section of chain-link fencing; damage is estimated at $200. Anyone with information about the incident is asked to contact the state police at Ridgway at 814-776-6136.
- Police received a report about individuals who were begging for money at the intersection of Route 879 and Supercenter Drive. The individuals were gone upon police arrival.
- Police received a report about an alleged incident of theft by deception. The incident, police said, was referred to another agency.
- Police received a report about a dog that was allegedly locked inside a vehicle. The vehicle, police said, was gone upon arrival.
- Police received a report about a motor vehicle accident at the intersection of Route 322 and 21st Street. No injuries were reported and both vehicles were driven from the scene.
- Police received a report about an alleged child abduction incident in the area of Supercenter Drive. Upon investigation police found it to be a civil custody issue.
- Police received a report about a dog that was allegedly locked inside a vehicle at the Wal-Mart Supercenter. The vehicle, police said, was gone upon arrival.
- Police assisted the Department of Forestry with an investigation on State Park Road.