State police at DuBois
- An accident occurred Sunday on Washington Avenue east of Preston Way in Falls Creek Borough. Annette J. Patton of Reynoldsville was stopped for traffic. However, Barbara A. Best, also of Reynoldsville, failed to observe the Patton vehicle and rear-ended it.
- An incident of theft occurred sometime Tuesday or Wednesday at the Penfield Minit Mart in Huston Township. During the incident, someone allegedly stole three ornamental lights from a truck tractor’s trailer. The lights have an estimated value of $75, state police said. Anyone with information about the incident is asked to contact the state police at DuBois at 814-371-4652.
- An incident of public drunkenness occurred Wednesday on Spruce Hill Road in Union Township. During the incident, a Rockton male was allegedly found under the influence of alcohol and passed out while lying on the roadway. He was transported to the Clearfield County Jail and charged with public drunkenness.
State police at Philipsburg
- An incident of identity theft occurred sometime between June 26 and July 2 at a McIntosh Court residence in Halfmoon Township. During the incident, someone allegedly opened two, unauthorized accounts in the victim’s name. The accounts, state police said, were with Verizon Wireless and TJ Maxx, and the incident remains under investigation at this time.
- An incident of disorderly conduct occurred Tuesday on North Seventh Street in Philipsburg Borough. During the incident, two Philipsburg residents allegedly engaged in a verbal argument with the victim. Both allegedly started yelling and using obscene language while young children were playing nearby. Also, both residents, state police said, allegedly threatened to beat up the victim. State police noted both residents were cited for disorderly conduct.
State police at Ridgway
- An incident of theft by unlawful taking occurred sometime Tuesday or Wednesday on the Buena Vista Highway in Jones Township. During the incident, someone allegedly pried open a door to a construction trailer and removed numerous power tools. Anyone with information about the incident is asked to contact the state police at Ridgway at 814-776-6136.
- Police received a report about unwanted mail allegedly being sent to an assisted living facility.
- Police received a report about a suspicious phone call. The caller, police said, allegedly attempted to obtain information from a resident.
- Police assisted with obtaining information from a township business.
- Police received a report about an alleged incident of retail theft that occurred on Supercenter Drive.
- Police received a report about an alleged incident of criminal mischief. Further, two juveniles allegedly threw stones from the Interstate 80 overpass.
- Police have initiated an investigation into an alleged contraband incident at the CCJ.
- Police received a report about a phishing/phone scam involving a group called United Cash Advance. The group, police said, allegedly collects contact information from the Internet and calls individuals posing as a loan company. The group, police said, allegedly asks for loan payments via PayPal in order to send funds.
- Police received a report about a civil issue involving a pet.
- Police received a report about a landlord/tenant matter on Paradise Road.
- Police received a report about an all-terrain vehicle allegedly being operated on the roadway in the Hyde area.
- Police received a report about a phone scam. Further, someone entered the victim’s phone via the Internet and locked it. The incident remains under investigation at this time.
- The investigation is continuing into an alleged incident of theft/fraud reported by a police department in Wisconsin. Further, a credit card had been issued to the police department and used in Clearfield to obtain items for personal use.
- The tailgate on a truck malfunctioned Wednesday on River Street. The truck’s load subsequently shifted and spilled onto the roadway. Police were assisted by the Curwensville Rescue Hose & Ladder. Also, police ordered the company to contact a street sweeper to clean the roadway.
- Police checked the welfare of a child who was allegedly unsupervised Wednesday in the area of Water Street. Further, police warned the parent and advised they’d be arrested if there’s a second incident.
- Police received a report about broken glass bottles on the roadway in the area of Ridge Avenue and Lippert Street.
- Police received a report about a suspicious person in the area of Bloomington Avenue and State Street. Police located the person who was then released.
- Police received a report about two suspicious persons in the area of Eastview Drive on Tuesday.
- Police had two life vests turned in on Wednesday. They had fallen from a trailer being towed in the area of Arnoldstown. The owner can claim the life vests by contact police at 814-236-3858.
- Police received a report about an alleged incident of forgery that involved titles for vehicles.
- Police received a report about juveniles who were allegedly causing a disturbance Wednesday at the Curwensville Commons. The juveniles, police said, were allegedly yelling and disturbing residents.