Margaret “Margy” (Gearhart) Drury Marshall, 90, of Philipsburg died Saturday, June 14, 2014 at the Mount Nittany Medical Center in State College.
Born March 3, 1924 in Philipsburg, she was the daughter of the late David Andrew “Andy” and Ruth (Simler) Gearhart.
She was first married to Stanley W. Drury, who preceded her in death on Feb. 17, 2000. She then married J. Elwood Marshall, who also preceded her in death on Sept. 21, 1997.
Mrs. Marshall was a member of the St. Paul’s Episcopal Church in Philipsburg. She was a member of the Moshannon Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution. She had also been a curator for the Philipsburg Historical Foundation in Philipsburg and was a past member of the American Legion Auxiliary and the B.P.O. Elks No. 1173, both of Philipsburg.
She had been employed as a secretary with several area businesses, including the Philipsburg Junior High School; the Pennsylvania Department of Labor & Industry, the Bureau of Vocational Rehabilitation in State College; and lastly with the law practice of the late George S. Test. She was a 1941 graduate of the Philipsburg High School.
In addition to her parents and husbands, she was preceded in death by a brother, David Gearhart. She was the last of her generation.
Mrs. Marshall is survived by a daughter, Amanda D. Panasiti and her husband, Scott of Black Moshannon, Philipsburg, and three sons, Clifford A. “Peavey” Drury and his wife, Cathy of Altoona, Steven C. Drury of Philipsburg and David H. Drury and his wife, Dawn of Duncannon. She is also survived by three grandchildren, Andrew Drury and his wife, Cathy of St. Louis, MO, Julie of Crofton, Md. and David Drury of Duncannon and several nieces and nephews.
A memorial service will be held on a future date to be announced. Burial will be at the Philipsburg Cemetery in Philipsburg.
There will be no public visitation.
The family would like to thank the staff of the Mount Nittany Medical Center and the Windy Hill Village for their care and support.
Memorial contributions may be made to the Philipsburg Historical Foundation, 203 N. Front St., Philipsburg, PA 16866.
Arrangements are under the direction of the Beezer-Heath Funeral Home.
Friends may sign the guestbook at: beezerheathfh.com.