State police at Philipsburg
- An incident of criminal mischief occurred May 24 at the Port Matilda Elementary School. During the incident, a known 15-year-old boy allegedly fired a pellet rifle into the playground area. His actions allegedly damaged a plastic basketball basket and a window on the school. When interviewed by state police, the boy admitted to the acts. Juvenile charges are forthcoming, state police said.
- On Wednesday, two bicycle frames were found in the 100 block of North Sixth Street in Philipsburg Borough. Anyone wishing to claim them is asked to contact state police at Philipsburg at 814-342-3370.
- A single-vehicle accident occurred Wednesday on U.S. Route 322 westbound approximately one-half mile west of Hanna Furnace Road in Rush Township. Kyle P. Kelly of Osceola Mills lost control of his vehicle due to wet roadway conditions. It traveled off the right shoulder, at which point it struck and embankment and overturned. His vehicle came to a final rest on its driver’s side in the grass off of the right shoulder of the roadway. Kelly was wearing his seatbelt and not injured as a result of the accident. His vehicle was towed from the scene. Kelly was issued a citation for the accident.
- Police received a report about a domestic dispute on Shaw Street. Upon arrival police handled the incident at the scene.
- Police received a report about a two-vehicle accident on state Route 879.
- Police received a report about an incident of harassment by communications.
- Police assisted emergency personnel at a residence along Daisy Street Extension.
- Police received a civil complaint at the Edgewood Apartments.
- Police received a report about a phone scam.
- Police received a report about custody issues at the Lawrence Park Villages.
- Police received a report about a hit-and-run accident at the Comfort Inn.
- Police received a traffic complaint that occurred along the Krebs Highway.
- Police received a report about a suspicious vehicle in the Hyde area.
- Police assisted the Clearfield County Sheriff’s Office with serving a warrant on Wednesday.
- Police advised that a bicycle was found at Uni-Mart on Wednesday. The owner can claim the bicycle by contacting police at 814-236-3858.
- Police reported that a 1997 Yamaha Blaster was stolen sometime Tuesday or Wednesday from a West Street residence. It was white in color with a black seat. Anyone with information is asked to contact police.