State police at Clearfield
- An incident of burglary occurred sometime between May 13 and May 27 on St. Clara Street in Woodward Township. During the incident, someone entered the victim’s residence through an unsecured window. Once inside they located a piggy bank containing $150 and removed it. The incident remains under investigation at this time.
- No injuries were reported after an accident involving a school bus occurred Thursday on the Curwensville-Tyrone Highway in Pike Township. Samuel G. McGarry of Curwensville was traveling northbound when he failed to negotiate a left-hand curve. He subsequently lost control of his vehicle and struck a school bus operated by Elena M. Young of Hyde. Young was stopped in the southbound lane of travel while waiting to make a left-hand turn. McGarry was cited for the accident.
State police at DuBois
- An incident of theft occurred sometime between May 15 and Monday along Pine View Road in Brady Township. During the incident, someone took medication from the victim’s residence.
- An Act 64 violation involving a money seizure occurred Wednesday on Interstate 80 westbound at mile-maker 86.8 in Pine Creek Township. Further, state police made contact with two males and observed indictors of criminal activity. Further, a search of the vehicle turned up controlled substances, drug paraphernalia and $16,750 in U.S. Currency. Charges are currently pending laboratory analysis.
State police at Philipsburg
- An incident of disorderly conduct occurred Monday on East Locust Street in Philipsburg Borough. During the incident, a 45-year-old Philipsburg woman was allegedly standing on a public sidewalk and roadway and screaming at her neighbors, including the victim. She allegedly called the victim names and used lewd and obscene language, creating a scene and alarming several neighbors. The woman was cited for disorderly conduct and harassment.
- An incident of theft occurred at an apartment building on May 17 on North Second Street in Philipsburg Borough. During the incident, someone removed a postal package that was left at the entrance of the apartment building. The total value of the package is $40.
- An incident of harassment occurred Wednesday at a residence on Nearhoof Lane in Taylor Township. During the incident, a 60-year-old man allegedly contacted the victim about recent behavior that he felt was inappropriate and irresponsible. This confrontation allegedly led to the man punching the victim in the face.
- Police received a traffic complaint that occurred on Bowman’s Hill Road. Further, police plan extra patrols in the area.
- Police have initiated an investigation into a bomb threat at the Clearfield Area Middle School. Further, police didn’t locate any devices on school property.
- Police received a report about found drug paraphernalia in the area of Hall Street.
- Police received a report about an attempted theft in the area of South Second Street.
- Police received a report about a possible phone scam in the Goshen Road area.
- Police received a report about a suspicious vehicle at a business on Race Street. The vehicle was gone upon police arrival.
- Police arrested a Curwensville woman for driving under the influence after a traffic stop on Wednesday evening in the area of South Street.
- Police received a report about a domestic disturbance Thursday evening at the Locust Street Apartments. The incident was handled at the scene.
- Police received a report about a disturbance at a Schofield Street residence. The incident remains under investigation at this time.
- On Wednesday, police assisted agents from the Department of Homeland Security with serving a federal arrest warrant. The warrant, police said, was served on a DuBois man in the 100 block of West Long Avenue who was arrested for possession of child pornography.
- On Wednesday, the operator of a tractor-trailer hauling an oversized load knocked down utility lines and poles in the 300 block of South Brady Street. A witness told police they observed the operator of a rear escort vehicle stop and then drive over the lines; both the tractor-trailer and its escort vehicles fled the scene. Police traced the tractor-trailer by obtaining oversized load permit information from PennDOT. Charges are currently pending at this time.
- On Thursday, someone smashed a window out of a motor home parked in the 300 block of Quarry Avenue. The incident remains under investigation at this time.
- A fight involving 15 people allegedly occurred Thursday at the City Park near the basketball courts. The suspects left the area prior to police arrival.
- A domestic disturbance occurred Thursday in the 400 block of Daly Street and involved a 41-year-old DuBois woman and her boyfriend. He allegedly struck her in the head with a cellular phone, which caused a laceration. The man fled the scene prior to police arrival; charges will be filed, police said.