State police at Clearfield
- An incident of harassment occurred Wednesday in the area of Veterans and Simpson streets in Gulich Township. During the incident, an 11-year-old and the victim, a 6-year-old, exited a school bus. The older juvenile allegedly shoved the victim to the ground and then punched the victim in the head.
- An incident of theft occurred Wednesday on Clearfield Street in Cooper Township. During the incident, a 32-year-old Grassflat man allegedly removed a 10-foot, yellow, plastic sliding board from the victim’s residence. The sliding board, state police said, was recovered at a nearby residence. It was noted the victim declined any prosecution against the man.
State police at Philipsburg
- An incident of theft occurred Wednesday on Black Moshannon Road in Rush Township. During the incident, someone took a wallet, cellular phone and car charger that belonged to the victim.
- A hit-and-run accident occurred Wednesday along Fourth Street, just north of Laurel Street, in Philipsburg Borough. The operator of a Chevrolet Cavalier was traveling northbound when they struck a Ford Taurus, which was parked along Fourth Street. The latter vehicle sustained minor damage; The Cavalier, state police believe, has damage to its driver’s side headlight/parking light assembly. Anyone with information about the accident is asked to contact the state police at Philipsburg at 814-342-3370.
- An incident of theft from a motor vehicle occurred sometime between May 24 and Tuesday in the 200 block of North Ninth Street in Philipsburg Borough. During the incident, someone entered the victim’s Chevrolet HHR and removed $14 in miscellaneous change and dollar bills. The victim’s vehicle was unlocked at the time; state police remind residents to keep their vehicles locked at all times. Anyone with information about the incident is asked to contact the state police at Philipsburg at 814-342-3370.
- An incident of harassment occurred Tuesday along North Sixth Street in Philipsburg Borough. During the incident, a known 27-year-old man and the victim engaged in a verbal altercation. The man allegedly threatened physical harm toward the victim. Both parties, state police said, later reconciled and refused to cooperate with state police in pursuing charges. It was also noted that the investigation into this incident has been terminated.
State police at Ridgway
- An incident of theft occurred May 25 in the area of Long Level Road to Clarion Street in Jones Township. During the incident, copper bonds were taken from a section of railroad tracks. The copper bonds have a value of approximately $127.50. Anyone with information about the incident is asked to contact the state police at Ridgway at 814-776-6136.
- An accident involving a motorcycle occurred Wednesday at the intersection of Chicken Hill Road and Route 2002 in Fox Township. Jack Stolburg Smith of Kersey was stopped at the intersection. At the time, a motorcycle operated by Gregory M. Catalone, also of Kersey, was traveling southbound on SR 2002. Catalone was turning onto Chicken Hill Road when the front wheel of his motorcycle traveled off the south side of the roadway. His motorcycle then traveled back onto the roadway and proceeded north, striking the Smith vehicle. Catalone was transported to Elk Penn Highlands. State police were assisted by the Fox Township Fire Department and Ambulance Services.
- Police received a report about a possible phone scam.
- Police received a report about an incident of harassment and trespassing on Steep Hill Drive. Further, police handled the incident at the scene.
- Police received a traffic complaint that occurred on Rome Lane. However, police were unable to locate the vehicle.
- Police received a report about a domestic dispute on Clarendon Avenue. Upon arrival police found it involved a husband and wife, and he’d fled the scene. The incident remains under investigation; charges are currently pending.
- Police received a traffic complaint that occurred on state Route 879.