State police at Clearfield
- On Monday, an inmate at the State Correctional Institution at Houtzdale was found with a weapon in his pocket. The weapon, state police said, was made with a screw with an orange plastic handle wrapped with cloth. The incident remains under investigation at this time.
State police at Philipsburg
- The investigation is continuing into an alleged assault that occurred Tuesday on North Richard Street near the Rush Township building in Rush Township. Further, the victim was allegedly assaulted by known suspect(s) for unknown reasons. The suspect(s) fled the scene in an unknown direction; the victim sustained minor injuries but didn’t seek medical attention.
- An incident of theft of a motor vehicle occurred sometime Tuesday or Wednesday on Moshannon Street in Philipsburg Borough. Further, someone stole a white 2005 Dodge Ram 2500 from the victim’s driveway. The truck, state police said, is a four-door with a diesel license plate on its front bumper. It also has a black aluminum diamond tool box in the truck bed. Anyone with information about the incident is asked to contact the state police at Philipsburg at 814-342-3370.
State police at Ridgway
- On Sunday, a 10-year-old Kersey boy found a baggie of marijuana and a plastic smoking device in the Fox Township Park. The boy turned the items over to park management, state police said. Anyone with information about the incident is asked to contact the state police at Ridgway at 814-776-6136.
- Police received a report about a theft incident on Daisy Street. During the incident, someone stole a telescope from the rear of a storage shed.
- Police received a parking complaint on South Fourth Street. However, the vehicle was moved prior to police arrival.
- Police received a report about a small child on the roadway in the 1100 block of Daisy Street. Police checked the area after which the incident was listed as unfounded.
- Police assisted with checking the welfare of a resident on South Fifth Street. Further, police assisted family members with gaining entry into a residence.
- Police received a report about a female wanting to harm herself on North Fifth Street.
- Police received a report about a domestic disturbance in the 600 block of Daisy Street.
- Police received a report about an intoxicated male at Choice. Upon arrival police found the male driving away; he was found to be highly intoxicated. The male was arrested for the suspicion of DUI.
- Police received a report about a domestic disturbance on Cemetery Road. Further, police handled the situation at the scene.
- Police received a report about a physical domestic assault on Turnpike Avenue. Further, police searched the area and found the complaint to be unfound.
- Police received a report about juveniles throwing rocks across the roadway in the area of Turnpike Avenue. Police made contact with the juveniles.
- Police received a report about a hit-and-run accident along North Fifth Street. The accident remains under investigation at this time.
- Police received a noise complaint along East Locust Street. However, the suspects were gone upon police arrival.
- Police received a noise complaint along East Market Street. However, the complaint was unfounded.
- Police received a report about an incident of harassment. The complaint was unfounded, police said, adding the complainant was directed toward the proper agency.
- Police received a red bicycle and the owner can claim it at the station.
- Police received a report about a disabled vehicle on state Route 879. The vehicle, police said, was not a traffic hazard.
- Police received a report about a possible phone scam.
- Police assisted another department with attempting to serve a warrant.
- Police assisted a motorist at the CNB Raceway Park.
- Police received a report about a domestic disturbance along the Rockton Mountain Highway. During the incident, a 20-year-old Ohio woman and 26-year-old Massachusetts man engaged in a verbal dispute while traveling eastbound. At some point, the man allegedly kicked the windshield of the sports utility vehicle, causing damage. He then allegedly exited the SUV and started to walk east down the Rockton Mountain Highway. Upon arrival police found the couple had resolved their problems.
- Police received a parking complaint in the Hillsdale area.
- Police received a report about a domestic disturbance at the Edgewood Apartments. Upon arrival police stayed at the scene while a male gathered his belongings.
- Police assisted Danville life-flight personnel, who were grounded due to poor weather conditions. Further, police transported personnel to a local motel.