State police at Clearfield
- An incident of theft occurred Friday on Mink Road in Morris Township. Further, a representative from the A.W. Long Coal Co. observed a suspicious vehicle on his property in the area of recent theft incidents. Upon arrival two Morrisdale men and a Philipsburg juvenile were discovered hiding in the bucket of a nearby front-end loader. Also, state police discovered a suspicious pick-up containing numerous pieces of metal from surrounding vehicles/equipment, which the victim identified as his items. State police noted two suspects were in possession of controlled substances and drug paraphernalia. The three suspects were arrested at the scene and transported to the Clearfield barracks for processing and investigative purposes. Charges are to be filed through the district court.
- An incident of criminal mischief occurred Monday on Crossroads Boulevard in Coalport. Further, someone damaged the lock and the door frame to the entrance of the Bethel United Methodist Church and then fled the scene. Anyone with information about the incident is asked to contact the state police at Clearfield at 814-857-3800.
- A burglary incident occurred sometime between Saturday and Tuesday at an apartment building on Edwards Street in Osceola Mills. During the incident, someone accessed the building and forced entry into one of its apartments. The suspect(s) stole a conventional oven and fled the scene. Anyone with information about the incident is asked to contact the state police at Clearfield at 814-857-3800.
- An incident of burglary occurred sometime between Jan. 1 and Tuesday on Main Street in Bigler Township. During the incident, someone broke into a vacant residence and stole all of the copper wire and pipes from it. They also stole a 42-inch television from the residence. Total value of the stolen items is estimated at $1,500. Anyone with information about the incident is asked to contact the state police at Clearfield at 814-857-3800.
State police at Philipsburg
- An incident of indecent exposure occurred May 12 along state Route 550 in Halfmoon Township. Further, state police received a report from a passing motorist that an individual had exposed himself. The incident remains under investigation at this time. Anyone with information about the incident is asked to contact the state police at Philipsburg at 814-342-3370.
- An incident of DUI occurred Sunday on Interstate 99 south of mile-marker 69.5 in Patton Township. Further, a 21-year-old male was found to be under the influence of alcohol during the course of a traffic stop. Charges will be filed through the district court pending blood test results.
- An incident of scattering rubbish occurred Sunday on U.S. Route 322 just east of the Philipsburg barracks in Rush Township. Further, a 31-year-old Fredonia, NY man allegedly threw a piece of trash from the window of a vehicle he was a passenger in. Charges were filed through the district court.
- A natural death occurred May 14 at a Catty Nine Trail address in Huston Township. Further, state police were notified by Centre County 911 about an unresponsive male. Upon arrival emergency personnel found him to be deceased due to apparent natural causes. State police noted the male had a long history of medical issues, which contributed to his death. The case, state police said, is pending an autopsy scheduled by the Centre County Coroner.
State police at Ridgway
- An accident occurred Tuesday on Irishtown Road in Fox Township. Jason P. McCandless, 39, of Kersey was traveling northbound on Irishtown Road when for unknown reasons his vehicle crossed the centerline. It subsequently traveled into the path of a vehicle operated by Robin L. Singer, 51, of Kersey, resulting in a head-on collision. No injuries were reported and both vehicles were towed from the scene. Charges are to be filed through the district court.
- An incident of theft occurred sometime between Sept. 30, 2013 and May 13 at the Parklawn Memorial Gardens Cemetery in Ridgway Township. During the incident, someone stole approximately 41 bronze vases valued at approximately $9,840. Anyone with information about the incident is asked to contact the Ridgway-based state police at 814-776-6136 or the Elk County Crime Stoppers at 1-800-775-2030.