State police at Clearfield
- No injuries were reported after a two-vehicle accident Wednesday on Swoope Street in Brisbin Borough. Morgan T. Reader, 20, of Houtzdale was traveling northbound when her vehicle was struck in the front passenger’s side by a vehicle operated by Ryan W. Shoemaker, 37, of Houtzdale. Towing services were requested by both operators; state police were assisted at the scene by the Houtzdale Fire Department.
- Police located an open door at a local business. Further, police searched the business and then secured it.
- Police have initiated an investigation into the theft of medication from a residence on Dorey Street. The victim told police a bottle of Ativan was stolen from her residence.
- Police recovered two bicycles that were abandoned on Hannah Street. The bicycles are described as a black Razor and a pink and black Trek. The owner(s) can claim the bicycles at the police station.
- A 23-year-old Lanse woman was arrested for DUI in the parking lot of Pantry 1 Petroleum on Bigler Avenue. Further, a witness observed the woman parked and passed out behind the wheel of her vehicle while it was still running. The witness also told police she observed a prescription bottle and a needle in the woman’s possession. Police conducted a field sobriety test, which the woman failed. The woman was on probation and Clearfield County Probation officers responded to the scene. Upon searching the vehicle, police found controlled substances and drug paraphernalia. The woman is currently incarcerated at the Clearfield County Jail on a probation violation.
- Police investigated a minor, two-vehicle accident in the parking lot of J.G. Food Warehouse.
- Police assisted a disabled motorist who was blocking the roadway near Kurtz Bros.
- Police received a report about an incident of retail theft that occurred on Supercenter Drive.
- Police assisted a motorist on state Route 879.
- Police received a traffic complaint on Highview Road.
- Police received a report about a suspicious vehicle at the Centre Elementary School.
- Police received a report about an incident of harassment that occurred over social media.