State police at Clearfield
- An incident of theft occurred Sunday on Glen Hope Boulevard in Glen Hope Borough. During the incident, someone removed a log truck radiator from the victim’s property. The radiator is approximately 3.5 feet by 3.5 feet in size. Anyone with information about the incident is asked to contact the state police at Clearfield at 814-857-3800.
- An incident of burglary occurred sometime between May 1 and Sunday along the Mahaffey – Grampian Highway in Greenwood Township. During the incident, someone forced entry into a residence and removed approximately 30 feet of copper piping. Anyone with information about the incident is asked to contact the state police at Clearfield at 814-857-3800.
- Terry Crownover, 32, of Madera has been charged with accidents involving death or personal injury, careless driving, duty to give information and render aid, driving on right side of roadway and immediate notice of accident to police. On Friday, Crownover’s wife reported their vehicle as stolen. Upon further investigation, state police found it was involved in an accident on Pine Run Road in Knox Township. During an interview on Sunday, Crownover admitted to being the operator of the vehicle at the time of the accident. A New Millport couple was trapped inside their vehicle and had to free themselves after the accident. The couple, state police said, was flown to Altoona for treatment.
State police at Philipsburg
- An incident of harassment occurred Monday in the first block of Penn Street in Philipsburg Borough. Further, the victim and the accused engaged in a verbal argument. The argument, state police said, turned physical when the accused pushed and struck the victim. Neither the accused nor the victim was identified by state police; the incident remains under investigation at this time.
- A hit-and-run accident occurred Sunday on Presqueisle Street in Rush Township. Further, the operator of a vehicle was traveling westbound when for unknown reasons they drifted toward the right and sideswiped two parked vehicles. The parked vehicles sustained broken mirrors and a scratch along the side. The suspect vehicle may have a broken passenger’s side window. Anyone with information about the accident is asked to contact the state police at Philipsburg at 814-342-3370.
- An incident of criminal mischief occurred Sunday on Sixth Street in Philipsburg Borough. During the incident, a 28-year-old man threw a large rock onto the trunk lid of the victim’s 2003 Ford Crown Victoria. It caused a dent, scratch and broken rear window. Charges were filed against the man through the district court.
- A two-vehicle accident occurred Sunday at the intersection of East Presqueisle and North Centre streets in Philipsburg Borough. Cindi R. Gragg, 44, of Leeper was traveling northbound on Centre Street and stopped at a flashing red light. Crystal L. Tew, 25, of Osceola Mills was traveling westbound on Presqueisle Street. Gragg didn’t see the Tew vehicle approaching and continued north into her path, causing the collision. Tew sustained minor injuries and Gragg wasn’t injured; both were wearing their seatbelts. Gragg was cited for the accident.
State police at Ridgway
- An incident of criminal mischief occurred sometime Saturday or Sunday at a residence along Redwood Avenue in Jay Township. During the incident, someone damaged a wooden garage door and then fled the scene.
- Police received a report about an incident of harassment. The incident was handled at the scene.
- Lawrence Township police were assisted with an incident along Old Town Road.
- Police assisted a disabled motorist on East Locust Street.
- Police received a report about an automatic alarm on Chester Street. Upon arrival police found that an employee accidentally set off the alarm.
- Police received a report about a burglary incident on Valley View Drive.
- Police received a report about an illegal dumping on Lick Run Hill.
- Police received a report about a phone scam. Further, a male caller advised a resident that he’d won a lottery in the amount of $250,000. Police would like to remind residents not to provide any personal or financial information over the phone.
- Police checked the welfare of a male pedestrian on state Route 879.
- Police received a report about an incident of disorderly conduct at the Economy Inn. Further, police made contact with the responsible party.