State police at Clearfield
- On Thursday, a k9 search was conducted at the Curwensville High School and resulted in the discovery of a small amount of marijuana and a glass smoking device. These items were located after a drug detection dog indicated on a locker at the school.
- An accident occurred Thursday on Hill Top Road near its intersection with Grey Hollow Road in Boggs Township. Further, George L. Robb, 62, of Bellefonte was preparing to do work at a construction site. William D. Gillette, 67, of Snow Shoe exited the vehicle. However, Robb didn’t realize that Gillette was standing alongside the vehicle, and he started to move forward. Robb subsequently ran over the leg of Gillette. Anyone with information about the accident is asked to contact the state police at Clearfield at 814-857-3800.
- An incident of theft, fraud and forgery occurred sometime Wednesday or Thursday on Baughman Road in Pike Township. During the incident, someone gained access to the victim’s information via the Internet and then used their ATM card to make several purchases. Anyone with information about the incident is asked to contact the state police at Clearfield at 814-857-3800.
- An incident of terroristic threats occurred Thursday at the Philipsburg Middle School. During the incident, someone wrote a message on a bathroom wall, saying “I will kill u all.” Anyone with information about the incident is asked to contact the state police at Clearfield at 814-857-3800.
- An incident of harassment occurred Thursday on Walnut Street in Coalport Borough. During the incident, an 18-year-old Coalport woman and the victim engaged in an argument. The argument, state police said, became heated, at which point the woman allegedly hit the victim in the face with a hair brush.
- Police received a noise complaint from a resident on Kauffman Road.
- Police received an animal complaint from a Hyde resident.
- Police received a report about an incident of burglary that occurred at a Glen Richey residence.
- Police checked the welfare of an individual at a Plymptonville residence.
- Police received a report about a phone scam in which a resident was advised of winning a billion dollars.
- Police received a report about a motor vehicle accident on state Route 879 near its intersection with River Road. No injuries were reported and one vehicle was towed from the scene.
- Police received another report about a motor vehicle accident on SR 879 near its intersection with River Road. No injuries were reported and one vehicle was towed from the scene.
- Police received a report about a verbal domestic dispute at the Edgewood Apartments. The incident was handled at the scene.
- Police received a report about suspicious activity at Family Dollar. Upon arrival police found the store to be secure.
- Police received a report about a suspicious vehicle on River Road.
- On Wednesday, police initiated an investigation into an incident of criminal mischief in the 100 block of West Long Avenue. During the incident, someone spray painted a quote on a building.
- On Wednesday, a 78-year-old Falls Creek man entered a business in the first block of Parkway Drive. He complained about a shovel he’d purchased a year earlier. When advised by employees that the shovel wasn’t carried by their store, the male allegedly became irate and assaulted some of the staff. Charges will be filed as a result of the incident.
- On Wednesday, a 12-year-old boy was walking home from school along Liberty Boulevard and crossing Hoover Avenue. At that point, the operator of a black station wagon was traveling at a high rate of speed. The boy jumped back but still had his hand clipped; he wasn’t able to obtain registration for the vehicle. The incident remains under investigation at this time.
- On Thursday, a 32-year-old Ohio man was stopped on Maple Avenue for traffic violations. He was also found to be intoxicated and arrested for DUI. Charges will be filed against the man.
- On Thursday, a 28-year-old Brockway man was stopped for a traffic violation and found to have warrants out for his arrest. He allegedly became aggressive and assaulted an officer. Police deployed a taser and arrested the man who was lodged in the Clearfield County Jail in lieu of $25,000 bail.