TIPTON – DelGrosso’s Amusement Park will open for the 2014 summer season on Saturday. The park will be open weekends and Memorial Day in May.
Opening Day celebrations kick off at 11 a.m. Saturday with two hours of free rides, including Go-Karts from 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. An All-Day Fun Pass is only $14.95 during the month of May.
On Opening Day, the park is running a special BOGO on All Day Fun Passes. You can purchase one pass at $14.95 and get one free. On Mother’s Day all moms get to ride for free.
“We are so excited to be kicking off our 67th Season of family fun,” said Carl Crider Jr., general manager of DelGrosso’s Amusement Park.
“Our staff has been hard at work for months preparing for the season and we are excited to get the summer fun started.”
New This Season
- There will be a new ride for the 2014 season – The Music Express. Its cars are suspended in the air. The ride begins in a circular motion and as the ride gains momentum and reaches its operating speed, the cars swing outward at roughly a 30-degree angle. The entire ride begins to lift and oscillate giving you the motion of dipping up and down as the rides goes around.
- There will be a new food stand, “The Corner Bistro.” It will be serving chicken wraps and homemade potato chips
- The new game, Pasta Plinko, is expected to have an opening date of May 18.
- The new Gift Shop Parkside is the “La Famiglia Gift Shop – The Family Store with So Much More.” The park side gift shop is being moved from the midway building, where it was roughly 300 square feet in retail space, to the former Arcade building, where guests can enjoy 2,400 square feet of shopping space. The expected opening day is May 24.
- Finally, the park has a new look to its Web site, www.DelGrossos.com. The Park Web site features an all new design with lots of great photos from the fun events and attractions available at the park.
DelGrosso’s Amusement Park By The Numbers
- There will be an estimated 300,000 visitors per year;
- It is the home to 17 picnic pavilions that will host 800 plus picnics this summer;
- There will be an estimated 1,200 pounds of Murf’s Famous Potato Salad made for opening weekend;
- Park guests will enjoy an estimated 25,000 pizzas at the park made with DelGrosso pizza sauce; and
- The Park Chef and staff will prepare more than 2,300 pounds of spaghetti for the 2014 Spaghetti Wednesday meals.
A full 2014 event schedule for DelGrosso’s Amusement Park can be found online at www.delgrossos.com and on Facebook at the DelGrosso’s Amusement Park page.
You can also sign up for weekly text messages from the park to find out what’s happening by texting the word DELGROSSOS to 75327. Standard text messaging rates apply.
You can sign up for a monthly e-mail newsletter “The DAP Insider” to learn more about events and special deals by texting the word PARKFUN to 22828. Standard text messaging rates apply.