State police at Clearfield
- An incident of harassment occurred Tuesday on Schofield Street in Curwensville Borough. During the incident, a 19-year-old Clearfield woman and a 34-year-old Curwensville man engaged in a verbal and physical altercation. Charges are being filed through the district court.
- A hit-and-run accident occurred Tuesday on Naulton Road in Pike Township. Further, the operator of a coal truck or similar commercial vehicle was traveling northbound when they lost control for unknown reasons. The truck then traveled west across the southbound lane and into a ditch. While riding in the ditch, it struck a utility pole after which the operator regained control of the truck. Upon returning to the roadway, they continued northbound without stopping and fled the scene. The utility pole, state police said, was snapped in several places; and, it’s believed the truck sustained damage to the top left corner of its bed. Anyone with information about the accident is asked to contact the state police at Clearfield at 814-857-3800.
- An incident of DUI occurred April 16 in the area of Bear Hill and Shiloh roads in Bradford Township. Further, a 21-year-old Woodland man was stopped for a traffic violation and determined to be under the influence of alcohol. He was arrested and transported to the Clearfield barracks for testing and processing. DUI and related charges will be filed through the district court.
State police at DuBois
- An incident of criminal mischief occurred sometime Monday or Tuesday at a residence on Shamokin Trail Road in Brady Township. During the incident, someone threw a rock through a window at the victim’s residence, causing approximately $100 worth of damage. Anyone with information about the incident is asked to contact the state police at DuBois at 814-371-4652.
State police at Philipsburg
- An incident of criminal mischief occurred April 5 on state Route 504 in Rush Township. During the incident, someone dumped an abrasive substance in the fuel tank of the victim’s vehicle.
State police at Ridgway
- On April 19, a 52-year-old Ridgway man was observed lying on the railroad tracks near Valhalla Construction in Ridgway Township. Upon interacting with him, state police determined he was intoxicated. He was also found to be in possession of suspected marijuana and drug paraphernalia. Charges were filed through the district court.
- On Monday, police received a report about a two-vehicle accident at the intersection of DuBois Street and West DuBois Avenue. Further, a vehicle operated by a DuBois woman was stopped at the intersection; her vehicle was rear-ended by a vehicle operated by a DuBois woman. No injuries were reported, and both vehicles were driven from the scene.
- On Monday, police received a report about a two-vehicle accident at the intersection of DuBois Street and West DuBois Avenue. Further, a DuBois woman attempted a right-hand turn from the left turn lane and struck a vehicle operated by a Falls Creek woman. No injuries were reported, and both vehicles were driven from the scene.
- Police received a report about a hold-up alarm that activated Monday at Giant Eagle on North Main Street. Upon arrival police found it was an accidental alarm.
- On Monday, police received a report about a man who was causing problems at DuBois Penn Highlands. Further, a woman presented her child to the emergency room for care. The child’s father arrived shortly after, and it was reported to security that he as being rude and scaring the child. Since the mother had primary custody, security asked the man to leave the hospital. Upon arrival of police, the father left without further incident.
- On Monday, a 51-year-old DuBois man was arrested for public drunkenness after police were contacted about his high level of intoxication in public. Police located the man in the 100 block of West Washington Avenue. He was highly intoxicated and had difficulty walking or standing on his own.
- On Tuesday, police initiated an investigation into the theft of a package from a mailbox in the first block of South State Street.
- On Tuesday, a 31-year-old DuBois man was arrested for DUI and resisting arrest after an incident in the 100 block of Chestnut Street. While investigating a domestic incident, a male arrived back at the residence in his vehicle. He was found to be intoxicated and didn’t have a valid driver’s license. When police attempted to take him into custody, he resisted arrested. The man was transported to the Clearfield County Jail.
- On Tuesday, a 47-year-old DuBois woman was arrested for public drunkenness after she was found stumbling on South Brady Street.