State police at Clearfield
- An incident of theft by unlawful taking occurred sometime Sunday or Monday on Curtin Street in Osceola Mills. During the incident, someone entered the victim’s property and removed his license plate from his pick-up truck. The victim’s truck is a red Dodge with a Pennsylvania registration of ZDA3453. Anyone with information about the incident is asked to contact the state police at Clearfield at 814-857-3800.
- A hit-and-run accident occurred Monday on Deer Creek Road in Graham Township. The operator of a vehicle was traveling southbound while Eric B. Humenay of Morrisdale was traveling northbound. As both vehicles met in a sharp curve, the first vehicle crossed over into the northbound lane and swiped the Humenay vehicle and its operator fled the scene. Humenay wasn’t injured and was wearing his seatbelt. The operator of the other vehicle is unknown at this time.
State police at Philipsburg
- An incident of criminal mischief occurred sometime Sunday or Monday on North Front Street in Philipsburg Borough. Further, the victim reported damage to the driver’s side mirror of her vehicle. Anyone with information about the incident is asked to contact the state police at Philipsburg at 814-342-3370.
State police at Ridgway
- During the month of May, the state police at Ridgway will conduct DUI checkpoints within their patrol zones in Elk County.
- Police responded to a motor vehicle accident on Nichols Street. Further, the operator of a vehicle struck a tree. No injuries were reported; the vehicle was towed from the scene.
- Police responded to a disturbance on Daisy Street.
- Police responded to an unwanted male on South Fourth Street. The male left prior to police arrival.
- Police received a harassment complaint from an East Market Street resident.
- Police checked the welfare of a female along Turnpike Avenue. Upon arrival police found everything to be OK.
- Police received a traffic complaint on Clearfield Street. Upon arrival police handled the incident at the scene.
- Police assisted constables with an incident along Pennsylvania Avenue.
- Police received a burning complaint.
- Police received a report about a suspicious vehicle in Hyde.
- Police received a report about an assault at Sapp Bros. During the assault, an Ohio male allegedly struck the victim several times, as well as kicked him. The male was taken into custody and arraigned by Magisterial District Judge James Hawkins. He was housed in the Clearfield County Jail in lieu of $10,000 bail.