State police at Clearfield
- An incident of harassment occurred Tuesday on Electric Avenue in Woodward Township. During the incident, a 19-year-old Houtzdale man and a 21-year-old Madera man allegedly engaged in a physical altercation. The incident remains under investigation at this time.
State police at DuBois
- An incident of burglary occurred sometime between March 14 and March 16 at a camp on Fire Tower Road in Huston Township. During the incident, someone forcibly entered the victim’s camp. Once inside, they removed a water tank and electrical wires, which caused damage to the camp.
State police at Ridgway
- An incident of criminal trespass occurred sometime Monday or Tuesday on Fairview Road in Fox Township. During the incident, someone attempted to gain entry through two rear doors at a Fairview Road address. The door jam, state police said, had pry marks that appeared to be from a screwdriver. Anyone with information is asked to contact the state police at Ridgway at 814-776-6136.
- Police arrested a male on domestic violence charges after an alleged altercation at a residence along Clearfield Street.
- Police responded to Fifth Street to assist emergency personnel with an incident. However, police were canceled upon arriving at the scene.
- Police responded to a domestic incident involving a Protection from Abuse order violation. The call was received by a third party and the incident was listed as unfounded.
- Police responded to an active alarm at a local business. Everything was found to be OK.
- Police investigated a report of harassment, which was later listed as unfounded.
- Police received a call from a female about a possible computer scam. Scammers stated they were from Microsoft and asked for computer hard drive serial numbers.
- Police are investigating the theft of two handguns from a vehicle that was parked in the 600 block of Daisy Street on Monday night.
- Police are investigating the theft of prescription medication from an East Locust Street address. Further, 46 Subutex tablets were stolen from an apartment last week.
- Police arrested a 20-year-old Clearfield man for simple assault and harassment. The man allegedly assaulted his girlfriend at a Clearfield Street address.
- Police checked the welfare of a child whose parent was possibly under the influence of alcohol.
- Police received a traffic complaint in the area of Fire Tower Road and Clark Street. Vehicles, police said, are reportedly traveling at a high rate of speed and extra patrols will be provided to the area.
- Police received a report about an incident of criminal mischief that occurred on Leonard Street, where someone loosened lug nuts on a wheel.
- Police received a report about damage to unattended property from a business on Second Street. Further, it was reported that a Chevrolet Silverado struck a Dodge Durango in the lot of a business.
- Police received a report about suspicious individuals along the Clearfield – Shawville Highway. The report was listed as unfounded.
- Police received a report about careless driving in the area of Washington Avenue. The vehicle was gone prior to police arrival.
- Police checked the welfare of someone in the area of Mount Joy and Buckhorn roads. Everything appeared to be OK.
- Police assisted two motorists.
- Police received a report about a possible drunken motorist in Hyde.
- Police received a request to assist a motorist on state Route 879.
- Police obtained an arrest warrant for a Curwensville man. He’s been charged for various violations for the theft of a motor vehicle on Monday evening. He was arraigned before Magisterial District Judge Richard Ireland and housed in the Clearfield County Jail. Lawrence Township police assisted with the incident, as the man committed additional violations there Tuesday morning while operating a stolen vehicle. The incident remains under investigation at this time, police said.
- On Monday, a DuBois man allegedly directed threats to a library staff member. The staff member had refused to type for him, police said. The staff member didn’t want to pursue charges against the man.
- Police received a report about a two-vehicle accident Monday near the intersection of South Brady Street and Olive Avenue. Further, the operator of a GMC Sierra was stopped in traffic when his vehicle was rear-ended by the operator of a Jeep Grand Cherokee. No injuries were reported as a result of the accident; the Jeep was towed from the scene. Charges are currently pending at this time.
- On Monday, police received a report about a domestic disturbance in the first block of Robinson Street. The disturbance involved an elderly man and his wife and their son. The man was allegedly upset over his son not getting the paper. Upon arrival police were able to calm the man down. The man, police said, turned off his hearing aids, so he couldn’t hear anyone and went to bed.
- On Tuesday, a Johnsonburg man who was wanted by the Elk County Sheriff’s Department was taken into custody in the 500 block of Sunflower Drive. Elk County deputies then took custody of the man.
- On Tuesday, police received a report about a 1999 Toyota Sienna being struck by an unknown vehicle while it was parked in the 100 block of West Scribner Avenue. The suspect vehicle fled the scene, and the accident remains under investigation at this time.
- On Tuesday, police received a report about an alarm at a business in the 100 block of West DuBois Avenue. Upon arrival police found workers inside the business.
- On Tuesday, police located two people who were sleeping inside a vehicle in the 100 block of East Weber Avenue. One person, a 20-year-old Johnsonburg man, had warrants for his arrest in Elk County. He was taken into custody and transported by the state police at DuBois to the Ridgway barracks.