State police at DuBois
- Jody Lynne Cavazza, 56, has been accused of opening a postal customer’s mail and stealing cash and gift cards. The incident occurred between March 1 and March 27; Cavazza was the post master of the Rockton Post Office at the time. A preliminary hearing has been scheduled for May 9.
State police at Philipsburg
- An incident of burglary occurred sometime between March 1 and Wednesday on East Pine Street in Philipsburg Borough. During the incident, someone entered the victim’s shed and removed a black/rusty cast iron stove and a gray Ryobi weed eater. Also, they caused damage to a riding lawn mower. Anyone with information about the incident is asked to contact the state police at Philipsburg at 814-342-3370.
- Police assisted Clearfield County Domestic Relations with serving a warrant at 326 E. Pine St. Further, a 22-year-old Clearfield woman was taken into custody for back child support. She was incarcerated at the Clearfield County Jail.
- Police received a parking complaint at a South Second Street address. Further, a tenant was upset with another one at the apartment building for the manner in which he parked in the parking lot.
- Police responded to East Eighth Street for a burning complaint.
- Police picked up a lost dog in the area of the Clearfield County Fairgrounds. The dog was taken to the SPCA.
- Police were flagged down for a disturbance at the Sheetz store on Nichols Street. Further, two men were having a verbal argument; both were requested to leave the area.
- Police received a report about an open door at a business on Spruce Street. The owner of the business was contacted and secured the door.
- Police received a complaint about an incident of harassment by communication. The parties involved were told to part ways.
- Police received a report about a juvenile who had received unwanted pictures on his phone.
- Police stopped a vehicle on West Cherry Street for a traffic violation. The driver, a 33-year-old Houtzdale man, was wanted by the Clearfield County Sheriff’s Department on a warrant. The department took the male into custody.
- Lawrence Township police were assisted with a traffic stop on West Front Street. Further, a 19-year-old Clearfield man was taken into custody on a warrant by Clearfield police and for having possession of drug paraphernalia.
- Police conducted a traffic stop along West Front Street after a violation occurred in Plymptonville. During the investigation, police learned the passenger, a Clearfield man, had an outstanding warrant. Police also located a bag of illegal substances, which belonged to the man. The man, police said, was under the influence of controlled substances and put in the CCJ. Charges will be filed in relation to the possession of illegal substance.