State police at Clearfield
- An incident of theft occurred over the past few months in the 200 block of Kendrick Road in Woodward Township. During the incident, the victim had 32 used tires of unknown types and sizes and two metal fire trucks stolen from his property. Anyone with information about the incident is asked to contact the state police at Clearfield at 814-857-3800.
- An incident of harassment occurred Friday on Sterling Avenue and Spring Street in Houtzdale. During the incident, a 29-year-old West Decatur man was operating his vehicle on Spring Street and turned right onto Sterling Avenue. In doing so, he cut off the victim, and multiple interactions toward the victim were reported to state police. Charges of harassment were filed through the district court.
- An accident occurred Saturday on Irwin Drive in Decatur Township. Theresa L. Emel of Philipsburg was traveling southbound when she lost control of her vehicle. It left the southbound lane and struck a tree. Emel sustained minor injuries while her passenger, Jeffrey L. Emel of Philipsburg sustained moderate injuries. The Emel vehicle was towed from the scene.
- An incident of theft by unlawful taking occurred sometime between March 1 and April 2 on Main Street in Ramey. During the incident, someone entered the victim’s property and removed a black LG G2 cellular phone with service through Verizon Wireless. Anyone with information about the incident is asked to contact the state police at Clearfield at 814-857-3800.
- An incident of theft of services occurred Sunday on DJ Lane in Decatur Township. Further, a 21-year-old Philipsburg man was observed putting a large amount of garbage in the victim’s dumpster without permission. When the victim confronted the man, he fled, which damaged property. Charges were filed against the man for theft of services and criminal mischief.
- An incident of criminal mischief occurred sometime Saturday or Sunday on Main Street in Ramey Borough. During the incident, someone punctured three tires on the victim’s vehicle.
- No injuries were reported after a single-vehicle accident Monday on the Shawville – Croft Highway in Goshen Township. Samuel L. Corrigan of Clearfield was traveling northbound when he lost control of his vehicle due to ice patches on the roadway. His vehicle subsequently struck an embankment, which caused it to become disabled. Corrigan was wearing his seatbelt at the time of the accident; his vehicle was towed from the scene.
State police at Philipsburg
- An incident of identity theft occurred Thursday on Rader Road in Decatur Township. Further, someone used the victim’s social security number on a Dish Network account. The incident remains under investigation at this time.
- An incident of theft occurred Feb. 14 at a residence along South Eagle Valley Road in Huston Township. Further, the victim told state police that a 43-year-old Bellefonte woman stole a hunting rifle from his residence. The incident remains under investigation at this time.
- An incident of harassment occurred April 1 at the intersection of 11th and Spruce streets in Philipsburg Borough. During the incident, an 18-year-old man and a 43-year-old man engaged in a verbal argument and exchanged multiple threats. It was also reported that the older man attempted to strangle and punched the younger one. No charges will be filed while both have refused to cooperate with prosecution.
- Minor injuries were reported after a single-vehicle accident that occurred March 30 on Phoenix Road in Rush Township. Michaele E. Eakin of Philipsburg was traveling eastbound when she drove off the left berm and struck a utility pole. She suffered minor injuries and was transported to the Mount Nittany Medical Center. The Eakin vehicle sustained disabling damage. Eakin was cited for the accident.
- An incident of theft of a motor vehicle occurred Friday on Buttonwood Street in Unionville Borough. During the incident, someone removed two four-wheelers that belonged to the victim. Anyone with information about the incident is asked to contact the state police at Philipsburg at 814-342-3370.
- An incident of harassment occurred Thursday on Kennel Lane in Huston Township. Further, it was reported to state police that someone had threatened to damage property that belonged to the victim. State police subsequently checked the property and didn’t observe any damage. The incident remains under investigation at this time.
State police at Ridgway
- A motor vehicle theft occurred sometime Thursday or Friday at D&T Towing in Horton Township. During the incident, someone entered a red 2000 Ford F-550 dump truck and a 1996 Dodge Ram 3500 dump truck, attempting to move it. Then, they fled the scene in the 2000 Ford F-550 dump truck. Anyone with information about the incident is asked to contact the Elk County Crime Stoppers at 1-800-775-2030 or the state police at Ridgway at 814-776-6136.
- On Saturday on Spring Creek Road near Holiday Lane in Spring Creek Township, a 29-year-old Ridgway man was stopped for a summary traffic violation. He was subsequently found to be in possession of drugs and drug paraphernalia. Charges are to be filed through the district court.
- Police assisted the fire department with an active alarm at a local business. The alarm was found to be a false activation.
- Police assisted the fire department with a smoke investigating along South Fifth Street.
- Police assisted with a psychological emergency along Daisy Street. Further, a female was transported to the hospital for treatment.
- Police responded to Williams Street where someone had locked keys inside their vehicle.
- Police responded to East Locust Street where children were allegedly throwing rocks at the street signs. Police searched the area and were unable to locate the children.
- Police received a report about loose dogs. The dogs were later returned to the owner.
- Police handled an ongoing incident of harassment.
- A purse was turned into police after it was located along River Road. The owner was contacted and responded to the station to retrieve the purse.
- Police are investigating a hit-and-run accident that occurred along South Second Street.
- Police assisted emergency personnel with an incident at the Dimeling Senior Residence. Further, a male was transported to the hospital after ingesting a large amount of prescription pills.
- Police assisted a female with gaining access into her residence after she had locked herself out.
- Police responded to East Pine Street where a young child was allegedly unattended. Police responded and located the child’s father asleep on the couch.
- Police reported that two vehicles were damaged overnight Friday. Further, the rear windows were smashed out with a blunt object. Police were advised of suspicious males who were walking in the Ogden Avenue area. The males, police said, were located and did not appear to be suspicious.
- Police are seeking information about the theft of a red 1999 Ford Ranger pick-up truck. The theft, police said, occurred on March 21. The truck was parked in a driveway in the 1000 block of Linden Street; it has a Pennsylvania registration of ZDA2792.
- Police received a report about a raccoon that was acting strange in the area of the Hyde Post Office. The raccoon was gone prior to police arrival.
- Police received a report about a lost cellular phone on Supercenter Drive.
- Police received a report about an incident of criminal mischief at the Rec Park on Fire Tower Road. Further, police would like to remind the public that the park is off limits after dark. Anyone found after hours can be arrested for trespassing.
- Police received a report about the theft of medication. The incident remains under investigation at this time.
- Police received a report about a residential alarm.
- Police received a report involving alleged threats toward a male at Edgewood. The incident remains under investigation at this time.
- Police received a report about a fight at the Sapp Bros. Truck Stop. Further, police found it was verbal in nature.
- Police received a report about an incident of criminal mischief that occurred on Montgomery Run Road. Further, a motorist reported that someone threw a rock through the rear window of this vehicle.
- Police received a report about a suspicious male at the Snappy’s Convenience Store.
- Police received a report about a two-vehicle, non-reportable accident at the Sapp Bros. Truck Stop.
- Police received a report about an alarm at a business on Airport Road. Upon arrival police found everything to be OK.
- Police responded to the Lawrence Park Villages, where someone was attempting to open the rear door to an apartment. Upon arrival police searched the area but couldn’t locate anyone.
- Police received an animal complaint after which a white Husky was taken to the SPCA. The owner can claim the animal by contacting the SPCA.
- Police received a report about a potential house fire on Flegal Road. No fire was found, police said.
- Police received a report about someone putting grease over the front portion of a garage in the area of School and Bradley streets.
- Police received a report about an alarm at a State Street business on Saturday. Upon arrival police found everything to be OK.
- Following a traffic stop early Sunday morning, an operator was found to be under the influence of alcohol.
- On Friday, the operator of a Honda CRV was traveling on North Brady Street when it was clipped by a passing vehicle in the southbound lane. The operator of the Honda was neither able to provide a registration nor a description of the vehicle. The incident remains under investigation at this time.
- On Friday, police received a report about a two-vehicle accident at the intersection of Grove Avenue and South Main Street. Further, the operator of a Toyota Avalon pulled out of Grove Avenue into the path of a Hyundai Tiburon. The Avalon was subsequently struck and towed from the scene. No injuries were reported.
- On Saturday, someone removed the house numbers and a mailbox from a residence in the 600 block of Locust Street. They also wrote things on the residence. The incident remains under investigation at this time.
- On Saturday, a two-vehicle accident occurred at the intersection of Beaver Drive and Division Street. Further, a Chevrolet Astro van was struck by a Chevrolet Cobalt. The Cobalt was towed from the scene. No injuries were reported as a result of the accident.
- On Saturday, someone placed 15-20 large river rocks on the roadway in the 200 block of South Jared Street. While on patrol, police encountered the hazard and removed the rocks from the roadway. The incident remains under investigation at this time.